Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 2 Posts

Lots or really good advice here. With that being said, I'll throw out my 2 cents for what it's worth. In the years that I've been archery hunting, I have seen many fads, from broadheads to camo. But a few things remain constant, sharp arrow, any flavor, put in the vitals, dead elk. I have used muzzys for close to 30 years with over 60 big game kills, know where u hit, hit em good and they die. No need for 60 yard shots. Hunt the wind smart, and get em.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Mallard is Spot On.Put em' down now ...Not maybe.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 247 Times in 54 Posts
    I would like to add that once upon a time I was walking up to a wounded 1200# bull moose flopping in the water and I tired to finish him off with a broad-head depicted below. (It was my buddies arrows...I had already expended all of mine...long story...)

Short version he tried to shoot the wounded bull and bounced his second to last arrow of of the bulls back and then I tried to shoot the bull with his last arrow (expandable) and the arrow bounced off of the bulls side and went somewhere into the Canadian bush never to be seen by man again.

So there we stood, like 2 idiots, with no arrows.

Thats the main reason I will NEVER go to an expandable after seeing what happened that day.

Yes, I made several bad shots on the bull that I am not very proud of. But the ONLY reason the bull died and we found him was because I had buried a muzzy 4 blade into the bull and it was chewing a hole the entire time.

Ya..I know....it was a bit of a rodeo...

Thankfully that situation never played out again in the years since then.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	23014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 260 Times in 85 Posts
    You?re killing me Smalls! The Grim Reaper?s were designed for big game hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 7 Posts

In my opinion any broad dead cram fail. I have experience with hyperdermics and magnus buzzcuts and either one can fail. Center punching a bone on an elk is a bad deal no matter what is on the tip of your arrow. Personally I shoot fixed blades for elk but I did have a buzz cut buckle on me when I hit bone on an elk. Luckily we recovered the bull but it wasn’t a fun and a second shot was required.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9330D16-58B6-4A23-B240-2772E874289D.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	23019

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12