Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 721 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 323 Times in 70 Posts

FYI......Lot of people I think may have not seen that the Nosler Ballistic Tip is not bonded and fully tapered jacket which results in a " ballistic like" explosion at all velocitys......hence when hitting any bone.....she explodes and makes quite the frag pattern and mess.

Main reason I went all Accubond, all the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 444 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    FYI......Lot of people I think may have not seen that the Nosler Ballistic Tip is not bonded and fully tapered jacket which results in a " ballistic like" explosion at all velocitys......hence when hitting any bone.....she explodes and makes quite the frag pattern and mess.

Main reason I went all Accubond, all the time.
    Only reason I used then is a friend gave me 500 of them and they grouped pretty well, so I used them for antelope. I gave them away to another "friend". LOL Stick with the ones I've been using for 3o years...Sierra Game Kings!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 721 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 323 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Only reason I used then is a friend gave me 500 of them and they grouped pretty well, so I used them for antelope. I gave them away to another "friend". LOL Stick with the ones I've been using for 3o years...Sierra Game Kings!
    Yep...identical story here....I won some in a raffle......ruined a lope one year......gave them away. Its tough to beat the Sierra Game Kings and the price is also good. My Rem 700s just seem to like the Accubonds a little better is all.
    Last edited by Slugz; 12-27-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 7 Posts
    Nosler Accubond in all my hunting rifles.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    There is not a better 25 caliber bullet than the 117 Sierra Game King. I've shot dozens of deer with it from my Bob at 3100 fps.
    Garg 'nuair dhuisgear

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

We (wife and I), have used Barnes mono bullets.....since the early 1990’s, though in different cartridge/caliber than yours. We selected one bullet weight, and have used it on all big game, from deer/antelope, up thru and including moose. The “only” changes we made were, as Barnes improved their technology.....we updated as well. To clarify that a bit, I dropped down a bullet weight as Barnes “did not” offer a TTSX in my preferred bullet weight! Almost all were ?one shot kills?, except when placement was bad, and recovered only one bullet. It was the original Barnes X, which had full-lenghted? (end to end) a rag-horn bull elk.....recovered under hide before leaving the elk. One petal was broken off! This was our first kill with a Barnes X, around 1992.....Barnes only since then! They have been used on game from less than 30 yards to over 400 yards, with zero bullet failures....a pretty good testimony for any bullet! memtb
    Last edited by memtb; 01-20-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12