Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 285 Times in 67 Posts

Sickening Poaching Case

I am sure there are some of you on here that may have seen this.

Seems like they basically got away with it to me in the big scheme of things.

But this is what it has come down to. We punish people by making them watch bambi....Unreal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssouri-n949051

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 293 Times in 96 Posts
    I agree. This is silly. Judges are trying to be creative in sentencing, but it more for their own personal notoriety than to punish the criminals.
    If they are going to impose such a silly sentence of movie watching while he serves his 1 year in jail, they should have it running in his cell 24/7. This way it would be more like a slow agonizing punishment.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 124 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    I am sure there are some of you on here that may have seen this.

Seems like they basically got away with it to me in the big scheme of things.

But this is what it has come down to. We punish people by making them watch bambi....Unreal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssouri-n949051
    got off easy to be sure but
    YEAR IN JAIL AND 51,000 IN fines AND having to watch BAMBI, is hardly getting away with it.

maybe their parole officer will make em stand in time out and think about what they've done. lol.

I personally think they( the poachers) should have been killed ,quartered and fed to fellow inmates but I doubt the snowflakes would allow such a rational punishment.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Shoot him multiple times,bury him shallow!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hope Fink will chime in on this one.

He might have some inside knowledge on what really went down.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 7 Posts
    $51,000.00 in fines for poaching HUNDREDS of deer? Lost hunting privileges for life? They committed felonies, they can't possess a firearm legally anyway. It's a pretty safe bet that these scum will be doing the same thing shortly after release. And the Bambi movie sentence is just plain stupid.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm shocked that they didn't get 5 years for possession of a firearm under a prior felonious conviction.

I was under the impression that this form of law was taken more seriously.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 151 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    I hope Fink will chime in on this one.

He might have some inside knowledge on what really went down.
    Man.. I don't know anything about this. This is clear down the SW part of the state, it can get pretty rural, pretty quick down there, and the Southern part of the state has always really struggled with poaching.
    I agree with both Kidoggy and Bonecollector here. A year in jail and $51k in fines is hardly a slap on the wrist, looks like they got their hunting privileges revoked for life as well (whatever that's worth to a poacher..) And yeah, the Bambi part is a little bizarre, seems like the judge is really disconnected with reality, or was really hoping the sentence would go viral, and mebbe he'd be famous
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    I personally think they( the poachers) should have been killed ,quartered and fed to fellow inmates but I doubt the snowflakes would allow such a rational punishment.
    Rational? So you think someone who finds that disturbing is a snowflake. Duly noted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Man.. I don't know anything about this. This is clear down the SW part of the state, it can get pretty rural, pretty quick down there, and the Southern part of the state has always really struggled with poaching.
    I agree with both Kidoggy and Bonecollector here. A year in jail and $51k in fines is hardly a slap on the wrist, looks like they got their hunting privileges revoked for life as well (whatever that's worth to a poacher..) And yeah, the Bambi part is a little bizarre, seems like the judge is really disconnected with reality, or was really hoping the sentence would go viral, and mebbe he'd be famous
    That area where Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma all meet is the Bermuda triangle for meth head hillbillies who do stuff like this. Unfortunate as that is some pretty country once you get past the locals.

A good punishment for these guys would have been to work at the check station to see how law abiding citizens hunt while wearing a shirt that said "I poached xx number of deer". Having hundreds of hunters stand there looking down at him for being a POS poacher would be fitting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast