Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,449
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 558 Times in 375 Posts
    Congratulations
    105
    Congratulated 254 Times in 58 Posts

    Sickening Poaching Case

    I am sure there are some of you on here that may have seen this.

    Seems like they basically got away with it to me in the big scheme of things.

    But this is what it has come down to. We punish people by making them watch bambi....Unreal.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssouri-n949051

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,380
    Thanks
    2,212
    Thanked 1,695 Times in 1,196 Posts
    Congratulations
    758
    Congratulated 273 Times in 88 Posts
    I agree. This is silly. Judges are trying to be creative in sentencing, but it more for their own personal notoriety than to punish the criminals.
    If they are going to impose such a silly sentence of movie watching while he serves his 1 year in jail, they should have it running in his cell 24/7. This way it would be more like a slow agonizing punishment.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    3,056
    Thanks
    1,291
    Thanked 1,561 Times in 1,000 Posts
    Congratulations
    577
    Congratulated 119 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    I am sure there are some of you on here that may have seen this.

    Seems like they basically got away with it to me in the big scheme of things.

    But this is what it has come down to. We punish people by making them watch bambi....Unreal.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ssouri-n949051
    got off easy to be sure but
    YEAR IN JAIL AND 51,000 IN fines AND having to watch BAMBI, is hardly getting away with it.


    maybe their parole officer will make em stand in time out and think about what they've done. lol.



    I personally think they( the poachers) should have been killed ,quartered and fed to fellow inmates but I doubt the snowflakes would allow such a rational punishment.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION


    tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    906
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 228 Times in 182 Posts
    Congratulations
    134
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Shoot him multiple times,bury him shallow!

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,449
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 558 Times in 375 Posts
    Congratulations
    105
    Congratulated 254 Times in 58 Posts
    I hope Fink will chime in on this one.

    He might have some inside knowledge on what really went down.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    1,399
    Thanks
    2,234
    Thanked 318 Times in 251 Posts
    Congratulations
    210
    Congratulated 7 Times in 7 Posts
    $51,000.00 in fines for poaching HUNDREDS of deer? Lost hunting privileges for life? They committed felonies, they can't possess a firearm legally anyway. It's a pretty safe bet that these scum will be doing the same thing shortly after release. And the Bambi movie sentence is just plain stupid.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,449
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 558 Times in 375 Posts
    Congratulations
    105
    Congratulated 254 Times in 58 Posts
    I'm shocked that they didn't get 5 years for possession of a firearm under a prior felonious conviction.

    I was under the impression that this form of law was taken more seriously.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Side, MoMo
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 531 Times in 381 Posts
    Congratulations
    21
    Congratulated 136 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    I hope Fink will chime in on this one.

    He might have some inside knowledge on what really went down.
    Man.. I don't know anything about this. This is clear down the SW part of the state, it can get pretty rural, pretty quick down there, and the Southern part of the state has always really struggled with poaching.
    I agree with both Kidoggy and Bonecollector here. A year in jail and $51k in fines is hardly a slap on the wrist, looks like they got their hunting privileges revoked for life as well (whatever that's worth to a poacher..) And yeah, the Bambi part is a little bizarre, seems like the judge is really disconnected with reality, or was really hoping the sentence would go viral, and mebbe he'd be famous
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts
    Congratulations
    28
    Congratulated 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    I personally think they( the poachers) should have been killed ,quartered and fed to fellow inmates but I doubt the snowflakes would allow such a rational punishment.
    Rational? So you think someone who finds that disturbing is a snowflake. Duly noted.

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Laramie
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 156 Times in 105 Posts
    Congratulations
    51
    Congratulated 42 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Man.. I don't know anything about this. This is clear down the SW part of the state, it can get pretty rural, pretty quick down there, and the Southern part of the state has always really struggled with poaching.
    I agree with both Kidoggy and Bonecollector here. A year in jail and $51k in fines is hardly a slap on the wrist, looks like they got their hunting privileges revoked for life as well (whatever that's worth to a poacher..) And yeah, the Bambi part is a little bizarre, seems like the judge is really disconnected with reality, or was really hoping the sentence would go viral, and mebbe he'd be famous
    That area where Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma all meet is the Bermuda triangle for meth head hillbillies who do stuff like this. Unfortunate as that is some pretty country once you get past the locals.

    A good punishment for these guys would have been to work at the check station to see how law abiding citizens hunt while wearing a shirt that said "I poached xx number of deer". Having hundreds of hunters stand there looking down at him for being a POS poacher would be fitting.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •