Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post

Like others have stated it's nothing against Johnny Morris. He has a Business model that has worked for him, and that is fine. Why not have two business models? One appealing to different segments of the market? I use to be in the Retail Industry and understand what that is about to some extent. In my case the Cabelas Business model with the products they offered appealed to me and many others. The Bass Pro stores IMO appeals to another consumer segment.

I use to get the limited edition hard bound catalogs and enjoyed their products. I am a club member as well. I know I will find another source for the products I want, but it most likely will not be Bass Pro.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DH56 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 4 Posts
    Surprised at the loyalty to Cabela's gear. I was never that impressed with their clothing lines or many of their branded products for that matter. As better lines came onto the market, I moved away, but still ordered stuff from them. When online pricing came along, I said adios until a friend started working their 10 years ago.

Not sure why anyone buys from Bass Pro either if their branded products are even worse. Especially with all of the quality and choices online.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 268 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prerylyon View Post
    Maybe some new retailers will emerge in 2019 that provide a breadth of high quality, desirable products; also backed by great customer support?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
    Wishfull thinking.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr8bawana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 119 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple BB View Post
    Surprised at the loyalty to Cabela's gear. I was never that impressed with their clothing lines or many of their branded products for that matter. As better lines came onto the market, I moved away, but still ordered stuff from them. When online pricing came along, I said adios until a friend started working their 10 years ago.

Not sure why anyone buys from Bass Pro either if their branded products are even worse. Especially with all of the quality and choices online.
    I know why. for most consumers convienience trumps quality.

that was the reason for the rise of cabelas and ultimately , also the fall, with the rise of amazon.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 174 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple BB View Post

I still have Cabela's coats, hats, gloves, boots, ets, from 20+ years ago. I found their gear to be top quality, but that was years ago. I was never impressed with RedHead brand. Colulmbia brand was pretty good, as was Browning. But for the money, my Cabela's gear was top choice. Still wear my Gore-Tex/Thinsulate Systems parka. It wears like iron.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,043 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 271 Times in 60 Posts
    Cabela's has some quality items. I still have and wear their rain gear along with some of their insulated rain gear. In my opinion you can't find any better. But if you want to see how Redhead is doing in Cabela's stores or even on line just read some of the reviews on that brand. Most will say that it stinks. For me I like heavy flannel shirts for the winter and Cabela's stocked a great one for quite a while for a good price. Now comes Bass Pro and all you can find are light weight flannel shirts unless you want to go with overpriced ones.

Time will tell if Cabela's lives or dies but in a lot of markets they are dead already.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    I know why. for most consumers convenience trumps quality.

that was the reason for the rise of cabelas and ultimately , also the fall, with the rise of amazon.
    Truth. My buddy has been echoing your comments for year, knowing the trend of convenience vs quality would eventually be the death sentence for Cabela's...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 997 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 119 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daubs View Post
    Truth. My buddy has been echoing your comments for year, knowing the trend of convenience vs quality would eventually be the death sentence for Cabela's...
    I see it all the time in the construction trade.

people want a house built. the second ground is broke, it is a big push to get it done

more often then not,speed is more important then quality. until they move in of coarse . then they will whine about the poor quality till they build their next home. at which time ,they more often then not , do it again!

anyone who has no pride in their work and/or product can easily get rich off the fool consumer, so long as, whatever it is, can be provided now !

WE want it and we want it now!!!!!!!!!!
    this is a sad but true fact, concerning our population.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

tolerance of the nation ,makes the nation an obamination !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    I see it all the time in the construction trade.

people want a house built. the second ground is broke, it is a big push to get it done

more often then not,speed is more important then quality. until they move in of coarse . then they will whine about the poor quality till they build their next home. at which time ,they more often then not , do it again!

anyone who has no pride in their work and/or product can easily get rich off the fool consumer, so long as, whatever it is, can be provided now !

WE want it and we want it now!!!!!!!!!!
    this is a sad but true fact, concerning our population.
    Yep, my Dad is retired finish carpenter. He built high end houses until the 80's when everyone started wanting the quick and cheap houses. He switched to remodeling and kept concentrating on quality -- and got paid well for quality.

He often said: Good carpentry isn't cheap...cheap carpentry isn't good. And "you can have it fast, or you can have quality, but you can't have both."

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daubs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 50 Times in 18 Posts

We passed by 2 Cabelas stores, on my travels back home to PA from Iowa last week.

How much coin does it take to build one of those big, shiny stores?

How much more coin to stock the shelves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast