Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CODAK View Post
    Breathable and windproof. Two things that will get the you the coldest when cold is over sweating and wind biting said sweat. Lightweight for walking and throw a down under when glassing
    So, do you know if the axis series run true to size? If using a layer of merino wool, with the axis jacket and pant be able to be worn over the layers and/or need a size larger?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 269 Times in 18 Posts
    If you plan on a mid layer puffy jacket in between your base layer and axis then size up. Otherwise true to size and athletic fit. I’m 6’2 180 and large is perfect for me

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CODAK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Appreciate the input-thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I normally wear a large for a jacket, but sized up to XL for layering. The fit is great, especially with some base layers and a puffy under it. I normally wear a 32 waist, but went with 34s for base layers. Glad I did that, with my merino base layers it fits just a tad snug. Must not be as small as I used to be! I’ve been wearing the jacket a lot lately for hikes with the pack on. Its definitely an awesome jacket!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muley bound For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muley bound View Post
    I normally wear a large for a jacket, but sized up to XL for layering. The fit is great, especially with some base layers and a puffy under it. I normally wear a 32 waist, but went with 34s for base layers. Glad I did that, with my merino base layers it fits just a tad snug. Must not be as small as I used to be! I’ve been wearing the jacket a lot lately for hikes with the pack on. Its definitely an awesome jacket!
    Thanks for the info! I can relate to our sizing being different today vs when we were younger, at least in my case. Typically in the past I would buy my hunting outwear a tad bigger for layering, but after many years I realized that normally that only happened when I would sit in a tree stand hunting whitetails all day. Normally out West I'm moving more glassing and hunting etc....based on my own experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 116 Times in 25 Posts
    I wore the pants again on our hike yesterday. Air temps were in the lower 40's but felt a little warmer. The pants will definitely be a cold weather pant for me, but I am pretty warm blooded. I washed them since the last hike and didn't notice as the swishing noise this time, so I hope that won't be an issue. I'm planning on wearing them for next Sunday's hike before putting them away till hunting season. So far, I am pleased with them. I think they will hold up pretty well to some wear and will be good protection from rain and wind.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 153 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Hart View Post
    I wore the pants again on our hike yesterday. Air temps were in the lower 40's but felt a little warmer. The pants will definitely be a cold weather pant for me, but I am pretty warm blooded. I washed them since the last hike and didn't notice as the swishing noise this time, so I hope that won't be an issue. I'm planning on wearing them for next Sunday's hike before putting them away till hunting season. So far, I am pleased with them. I think they will hold up pretty well to some wear and will be good protection from rain and wind.
    I had a chuckle on this... when I saw the 40 degree temp, I thought holy moly, then chuckled when I saw definitely a little warm. They were ?a little warm? for me at 25 degrees. I hadn?t commented yet because I?m aware I have a little conditioning to do before I give them a fair review. It should be a great cold weather pant. I am sad they missed they knee pads though. If I haven?t said that enough. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123