Congratulations
    Congratulated 146 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    Yuengling.
    If only they shipped it out west....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 87 Times in 28 Posts
    In my worthless opinion......if you need "recovery" you are doing it wrong. Guys think they need to shred themselves and then recover, they are totally missing the entire point. If you can do 10 push-ups without pain, do 10 every day until you can do 11.

Joe Rogan has a great podcast on this subject, it's about volume. I have run over 1,000 miles at over 8 mph this year and I would not even consider doing a marathon, even though I have done them before.

Good luck buddy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to conibear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 222 Times in 41 Posts
    I don't think this is the issue considering the OP, but on this thread I'll still throw it out for other readers. (Hope this is ok)

Physical fitness is always extremely helpful but mental Toughness is key. Before you pull the trigger always have a plan to get an animal out. Before you go into an area always have a plan to get an animal out. Before you decide to hunt an are have a plan to get yourself and an animal out. Basically always have a plan. Situations are less complicated when they are pre-planned instead of improvised. Yes I'm speaking from experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    In my worthless opinion......if you need "recovery" you are doing it wrong. Guys think they need to shred themselves and then recover, they are totally missing the entire point. If you can do 10 push-ups without pain, do 10 every day until you can do 11.

Joe Rogan has a great podcast on this subject, it's about volume. I have run over 1,000 miles at over 8 mph this year and I would not even consider doing a marathon, even though I have done them before.

Good luck buddy.
    I saw that podcast recently actually, made A LOT of sense., definitely truth to that method I think.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    I don't think this is the issue considering the OP, but on this thread I'll still throw it out for other readers. (Hope this is ok)

Physical fitness is always extremely helpful but mental Toughness is key. Before you pull the trigger always have a plan to get an animal out. Before you go into an area always have a plan to get an animal out. Before you decide to hunt an are have a plan to get yourself and an animal out. Basically always have a plan. Situations are less complicated when they are pre-planned instead of improvised. Yes I'm speaking from experience.
    agreed, I'm not sure it's me, I don't think it's add, but thinking about every possible situation I tend to... and then something will happen in the news etc... and people will say who would have thought about that happening? or you're never prepared for that situation, and I think... well you should be! of course stuff does happen, but being ready certainly can only help!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    What the hell is that?Sounds like a young calf?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 783 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 340 Times in 76 Posts
    Seems like it all depends what the goals are. Lose weight, then put on muscle, haul elk size loads, hunt from a quad and only go to a stand 100 yards away......etc etc. Regardless of the hunting style......recovering like a pro athlete won't hurt anyone and 9 times out of 10 help. We as sportsman can learn a lot from sportsmedicine and recovery techniques. When I started to add a more detailed post workout plan tailored to my needs.....I got increased measurable returns.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 783 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 340 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    Sleep, Water, Fish Oil, Plain Baked Potatoes (loaded with more potassium than bananas) or Bananas are an inexpensive way to combat some of your issues.
    Of course the pre/post workout drinks can help. However, be very wary of which you choose as many are simply loaded with sugar. You have to pay for the good stuff. When I competed, I drank them, now I do not. Eating healthy and getting enough sleep and water intake will cure 75% of your issues after you get through your initial body "break-in period" of exercising.
    Thanks BC for the sugar reminder. Totally forgot about that and that's the first thing I look at. Also thanks for the baked potato comment/potassium plug. I got away from that just because I can't get them at work. Need to figure out how to insert them back. Thanks again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 146 Times in 36 Posts
    Lots of sleep and elk meat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 290 Times in 94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zpooch View Post
    Lots of sleep and elk meat
    The fitness craze should be called, "Train to Eat"