Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 91 Times in 26 Posts

I regret ever buying one point in the Oregon game, especially when they reduced the DIY quota to a whopping 2 1/2%. If I could sell them I would. But at least I drew tags in many other states while waiting. Finally up to 21 and may be able to draw Mt. Emily this year. Would have drawn the lone tag last year had I applied. When I'm past that first obstacle, I'll just hafta figure out the spike pressure. One good thing is I have time to hunt the entire season. After that I'll have to decide what to do with the deer & lope points, or just abandon them.
    Last edited by Zim; 01-21-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 24 Posts
    I'm abandoning my antlerless points at 8, trying to shoot a 3 point with a 12 GA on Umatilla is not worth 20 years of applying.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 241 Times in 46 Posts
    I got out of the 600 series along time ago. I dropped out of the 400 series antelope too after waiting 16 years to draw a tag. I’ve narrowed it down to only applying for deer and elk in the points pool. I do apply for antelope in the premium, I have better odds drawing one of those in the next 20 years than I do a regular antelope tag. There are supposed to be possible changes in 2020 I’m glad I don’t have decades of points banked right now, who knows what will happen “IF” they Restructure the points system.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 72 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    I got out of the 600 series along time ago. I dropped out of the 400 series antelope too after waiting 16 years to draw a tag. I?ve narrowed it down to only applying for deer and elk in the points pool. I do apply for antelope in the premium, I have better odds drawing one of those in the next 20 years than I do a regular antelope tag. There are supposed to be possible changes in 2020 I?m glad I don?t have decades of points banked right now, who knows what will happen ?IF? they Restructure the points system.
    That's basically what I'm doing also. I still self-delude by applying for a ram tag though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 634 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 381 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I regret ever buying one point in the Oregon game, especially when they reduced the DIY quota to a whopping 2 1/2%. If I could sell them I would. But at least I drew tags in many other states while waiting. Finally up to 21 and may be able to draw Mt. Emily this year. Would have drawn the lone tag last year had I applied. When I'm past that first obstacle, I'll just hafta figure out the spike pressure. One good thing is I have time to hunt the entire season. After that I'll have to decide what to do with the deer & lope points, or just abandon them.

Zim, keep in mind the Oregon archery season ends on September 22 this year, and the full moon on on the 14th, so your last two weeks will be leading into the full moon and out of the full moon. I just read a post today that in 2020 (not sure if it is true), the archery closing date shifts a week later with the moon dark on the 17th.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 91 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    Zim, keep in mind the Oregon archery season ends on September 22 this year, and the full moon on on the 14th, so your last two weeks will be leading into the full moon and out of the full moon. I just read a post today that in 2020 (not sure if it is true), the archery closing date shifts a week later with the moon dark on the 17th.
    This is good info but I am 60 and no doubt other point holders will be aware of the moon. It only takes one Weneha hunter or pointholder to bump me thanks to outfitter welfare so I?m just not in position to wait for things like the moon phase. That would be a luxury. I?d be hunting for the full 4 week season as well, so the moon will be good the first two weeks when I?ll be sitting in a treestand over water.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    This is good info but I am 60 and no doubt other point holders will be aware of the moon. It only takes one Weneha hunter or pointholder to bump me thanks to outfitter welfare so I?m just not in position to wait for things like the moon phase. That would be a luxury. I?d be hunting for the full 4 week season as well, so the moon will be good the first two weeks when I?ll be sitting in a treestand over water.
    The moon is the most talked about and most irrelevant factor in elk hunting. If you can draw you should hunt. There are other factors like weather that are out of your control that will play a much larger role than the moon. FYI I've had some of my best hunting in or around full moons. Sure it changes things but does not make the hunting worse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123