Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 4 Posts

It is funny that there are similar posts running on other forums...particularity Bowsite.com

As a side note, generally I'll scrub exif data from photos posted.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 246 Times in 54 Posts
    I though this topic up all on my own actually. lol

Although I am a member over there since the site was created years ago...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 234 Times in 44 Posts
    You won’t see anywhere I hunt on TV, it would not be worth while for anyone to film there. Twice I’ve have had people send me trail cam pics of deer after I shared pics.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,318 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 203 Times in 90 Posts
    Lots of people pushing further and there is literally a video camera in every single person's pocket now. How and where it gets shared is one thing, but you have to assume that if you send even a text with a pic it will go to multiple people.
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Lots of people pushing further and there is literally a video camera in every single person's pocket now. How and where it gets shared is one thing, but you have to assume that if you send even a text with a pic it will go to multiple people.
    +1

Eventually, you end up looking like a selfish jerk because you don't post ANY photos of an animal you harvested. Clipping out the skyline just isn't enough anymore, guys will look at the color of the dirt, rock formations, anything. I had guys PM me for pics of my buck this year and I just can't do it. You have to trust somebody 100% They might be a great guy, but they might share it with somebody you don't know who isn't that great.

This is a good thread.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to conibear For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,318 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 203 Times in 90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    +1

Eventually, you end up looking like a selfish jerk because you don't post ANY photos of an animal you harvested. Clipping out the skyline just isn't enough anymore, guys will look at the color of the dirt, rock formations, anything. I had guys PM me for pics of my buck this year and I just can't do it. You have to trust somebody 100% They might be a great guy, but they might share it with somebody you don't know who isn't that great.

This is a good thread.
    I will say this though, I think people are learning not to chase previous kills. I will avoid places that I know have had giants killed by serious hunters before and I get that sentiment from more and more people. The ones who go in some where because someone else killed a big animal in there usually are lazy. Most of the trophy mule deer hunter I know have their spots that they scout every single year and they turn up good bucks because they know where to look and how to hunt the country properly. Chasing ghosts is is rarely productive, learn the skills to hunt yourself, blaze your own path, develop a game plan and then stick to it kills more bucks and bulls than any other approach.
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 39 Times in 12 Posts
    1. Negative

2. Nope

3. Nah

But, I've only been doing the out west thing for just over 4 yrs; also, the Charlie Brown units I draw no one wants to be seen in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Prerylyon; 11-08-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    I saw a big buck get posted on Facebook (I dont have Facebook but my friend does) that I was hunting.

Interestingly enough, I had seen that deer at dark on Saturday. It was 100% the same deer. I bet my life on it.. It showed up on Facebook hung up in a persons garage on Sunday afternoon.

So you may ask? Whats the problem?

There is no Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania and I saw the buck at 5 minutes to dark in the middle of a picked corn field and I watched him chasing a doe out there until complete darkness..

I also know for a fact that the guy had killed a buck a week earlier in the Bow season...
    Hold up.

Sorry you can?t hunt on Sundays!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 333 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    I saw a big buck get posted on Facebook (I dont have Facebook but my friend does) that I was hunting.

Interestingly enough, I had seen that deer at dark on Saturday. It was 100% the same deer. I bet my life on it.. It showed up on Facebook hung up in a persons garage on Sunday afternoon.

So you may ask? Whats the problem?

There is no Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania and I saw the buck at 5 minutes to dark in the middle of a picked corn field and I watched him chasing a doe out there until complete darkness..

I also know for a fact that the guy had killed a buck a week earlier in the Bow season...

jealous hunters are the worst thing for legal hunters. You did not see the act, so you don't actually know if it was an illegal harvest but call the cops anyway. Unfortunately I have been on the other end, every thing was legal and dealing with the cops is no fun, all because of a jealous hunter. At least that is what he law enforcement guy said after the fact. if you don't have proof and are just specualating, don't be a dick.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 5 Posts

The more I see hunters on social media, the more I realize they act like teenage girls. From taking stages selfies and carrying different clothes for sponsor pics to buying things just because a TV hunter does they are much the same.

I hunt the crap areas that are basically OTC so I don't get to worried about people finding out about my spots. Although I must admit I do find it funny when hunters get upset about people talking about their spot. One that is a a dead giveaway is telling people to use PM's halfway through a thread about an area, LOL.

These guys who are changing plans based on magazine recommendations trying to jump on the next great unit every year can wear themselves out as far as I am concerned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast