Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot info

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 5 Posts

Kenetreks are the worst boots I have ever purchased. The soles started falling apart, the rubber wrap came loose, and they started leaking shortly after purchasing. I never could get them to fit right, always rubbed my heel no matter the insoles, socks, or lacing technique after putting myself through hell waiting for them to "break in", they never broke in. As you can see they do not have a lot of miles on them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	22535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	22536

Never again.

I wear Meindl boots for hunting except for antelope and I use a danner military style desert boots for warm weather situations.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 780 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 107 Times in 40 Posts
    if you've never had wet feet when hunting you aren't hunting/hiking extreme conditions.

to those who say otherwise ,I must call BS. there has never been a boot made that will not fail you in certain situations.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 325 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    if you've never had wet feet when hunting you aren't hunting/hiking extreme conditions.

to those who say otherwise ,I must call BS. there has never been a boot made that will not fail you in certain situations.
    Guess myself personally am not speaking to the waterproof factor at all.
    I've got ankle issues and literally at the end of last year couldn't take the pain at the end of the day in my mid grade boots. Figured an expensive pair was worth a shot, and I can tell you they did.
    I've got 7 different pair of mid grade boots, that I've tried a pile of different insoles in, and if I'm at work climbing, walking, standing on ladders or tower rungs my ankle are fine. The minute I start putting serious miles on there not, that's the only reason I spent the cash, and really glad I did. Way more to a boot than waterproofing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 780 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 107 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by go_deep View Post
    Guess myself personally am not speaking to the waterproof factor at all.
    I've got ankle issues and literally at the end of last year couldn't take the pain at the end of the day in my mid grade boots. Figured an expensive pair was worth a shot, and I can tell you they did.
    I've got 7 different pair of mid grade boots, that I've tried a pile of different insoles in, and if I'm at work climbing, walking, standing on ladders or tower rungs my ankle are fine. The minute I start putting serious miles on there not, that's the only reason I spent the cash, and really glad I did. Way more to a boot than waterproofing.
    yeah,I get that.

some of those type issues can also be resolved in the way one laces their boots
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 17 Posts

Whites Dri-foot boots are fantastic! Get the Claw lug sole. It's the best overall traction for any condition that I have ever used.

https://whitesboots.com/#/product/2382
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 6mm Remington For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12