Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 671 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 281 Times in 61 Posts

RCBS Chargemaster Combo

So I finally modernized a little in the powder department. I've resisted this cause I just couldn't believe that it would work well.
    I was really wrong. Really wrong. Dumb dumb should have done this a while ago.

I tested it with W760 and IMR4350 to try out a broad spectrum of types and weights. The thing was a champ. Cuts my loading time in half if not more. Real life saver when loading over 25 rounds.

Reloaded our cow elk medicine last night for 4th rifle. Hopefully we get to cure a couple😀

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

3. The Following User Says Congratulations to Slugz For This Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,322 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 433 Times in 112 Posts
    Yep....been using one for 5 or 6 years. It stores all your loading data, is very fast and accurate. Well worth the money.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 246 Times in 54 Posts
    That thing looks like the cats meow. Maybe one day I'll get me one

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 824 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 225 Times in 53 Posts
    I got one from Midway a few years ago using my birthday discount when it came on sale. I will say that there is a learning curve to using it. When I first started using it I wondered why all my loads from it were coming out around 1/2 a grain low. I also noticed that there was powder on the scale when I would remove the pan to dump the powder into the case. Then I saw that it would trickle the last 1/2 grain into the pan before it would shut off the powder dispenser.

But since that time I love it. I can set it on automatic and usually by the time that I place the pan back onto the scale place the bullet into the case and seat it and then come back to the powder for the next case it has it sitting there waiting for me. I do wish that there was a better way of dumping the unused powder back into the powder container and cleaning the powder out of the hopper and dispensing nipple, but those are just small things.

One thing that I found is helpful is to keep a log on where the memory for your charge is, such as 1,2,3....... Granted it is labeled in the memory of it but knowing which position it is located in works better for me.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    That thing looks like the cats meow. Maybe one day I'll get me one
    Don't wait.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    I got one from Midway a few years ago using my birthday discount when it came on sale. I will say that there is a learning curve to using it. When I first started using it I wondered why all my loads from it were coming out around 1/2 a grain low. I also noticed that there was powder on the scale when I would remove the pan to dump the powder into the case. Then I saw that it would trickle the last 1/2 grain into the pan before it would shut off the powder dispenser.

But since that time I love it. I can set it on automatic and usually by the time that I place the pan back onto the scale place the bullet into the case and seat it and then come back to the powder for the next case it has it sitting there waiting for me. I do wish that there was a better way of dumping the unused powder back into the powder container and cleaning the powder out of the hopper and dispensing nipple, but those are just small things.

One thing that I found is helpful is to keep a log on where the memory for your charge is, such as 1,2,3....... Granted it is labeled in the memory of it but knowing which position it is located in works better for me.
    Thanks Jim. Great idea.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 7 Posts
    Hey Slugz, great to hear you upgraded! I’ve been using the RCBS chargemaster combo for about 4+ years. It is very much a time saver. I’ve run 6 or 7 different powders through it and they all metered just great! Keep me posted on the cow hunt!! Later.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Catahoula12 View Post
    Hey Slugz, great to hear you upgraded! I’ve been using the RCBS chargemaster combo for about 4+ years. It is very much a time saver. I’ve run 6 or 7 different powders through it and they all metered just great! Keep me posted on the cow hunt!! Later.
    Will do. Having too much fun with the geese right now. I leave Monday for 4th rifle.