Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 776 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 574 Times in 79 Posts

No all Leupolds are created equal. VX3 and above are amazing but I have had some of their cheaper models and wasn't impressed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pgidley View Post
    Hey, where did you find that deal? I was looking at that scope for $319, but the $50 bonus would be nice!
    It was Scheels - they have the scope for $319 but no more gift card. Might have been a cyber Monday special?

I do feel that the VX-3 is the beginning level for a good hunting scope.
    Last edited by Rich M; 12-05-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn I was at Scheels that day. Grabbed that Nikon 4-12x40 for $109 just as a backup or incase anyone needed one. Didn't even take a look at the Leupolds. I was at the register with an armload of shotgun shells, noticed the deal in the flyer and the kid ran up and grabbed one for me.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 210 Times in 35 Posts

I ran mostly Leupolds until I started dialing elevation. I have had some issues with the CDS on a VX 3 and a couple VX-6 scopes. I found a 3-12x Huskemaw for $719 and went to that on my mountain rifle. It has had zero issues so far. I really like a scope I can dial elevation on but that has a covered turret that I never have to worry about accidentally dialing. It's always set to 200yds unless I chose to remove and dial it. The covered turret on the VX-6 was one of the big reasons I tried them.

Leupold is a great company and makes a great scope. A guy on another forum that has a lot of experience with scopes and is respected says not to dial elevation unless you are buying a scope built specifically for dialing. Putting a turret on a standard scope is asking for trouble in his opinion. He says the VX-3, VX-5, VX-6, Swaro Z5, Zeiss V4, and many others don't have erector systems specifically built for dialing. If you shoot enough they will eventually cause problems.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12