Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 8 Posts

How many activities, sports, etc... do you participate in?

I once heard a wise* man state that one could only have 2 hobbies at a given time...

currently I have 3* and it's a bear! climbing, ice hockey, & running! add to that, life, social obligations, friends, and rest!? and the days quickly fill up/run out. Oh and hunting! although lately it's been just applying for future tags...

I pretty much enjoy all sports activities that are active and or outdoors, so I could add another 20 to the list! ha. but actually trying to improve at the above 3 mostly.

I'm also battling, am I just getting old vs. I'm just out of shape and getting back in shape!? ha.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 501 Times in 130 Posts
    I am retired and do have plenty of time to indulge myself in my hobbies. I am a competitive shooter. I run and participate in a Bulls Eye Pistol League, I am a Cowboy Action Shooter (I've shot in the US Nationals & World Championships and am Colorado State Campion in my category), I shoot trap in addition to hunting and fishing. I am going to be 77 next month and my advancing age has caused me to give up several other hobbies namely senior men's slow pitch softball and 1000 yard BP SS Buffalo Rifle competition.

I do believe in keeping busy. I've been retired over 18 years and have never had a boring moment. When I retired at 58, everyone told me I was too young and I would be bored within 6 months. Not a chance!!!
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 09-27-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Congratulations to Colorado Cowboy For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 269 Times in 59 Posts
    Well if hunting and beer drinking are both considered sports, I participate in two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th (17).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	22181
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8bawana View Post
    well if hunting and beer drinking are both considered sports, i participate in two.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th (17).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	22181
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 169 Times in 24 Posts
    Hunting fishing and snowmobiling for me. I bought a new snowmobile this month so im hoping for another record snowfall in the high country this year!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7mag For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 27 Posts
    If I could hunt year-round, I think that's the only activity I'd engage in on my own accord. I do enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, etc. also, but that's really just to get myself in the outdoors when hunting seasons aren't in. Those are also great ways to get the family outdoors in more relaxed and more comfortable conditions.

Reality is though, with a young family, most of December-September is filled with roller-skating, bowling, movie theaters, swimming, shopping trips (my wife loves antique stores), playgrounds, amusement parks, zoos, bike riding, and all the other stuff kids and women like to do. Things that I'd never go do by myself, but seeing their enjoyment makes it fun for me too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 290 Times in 94 Posts
    My career takes a lot of my time. Bu I was a nationally ranked powerlifter for nearly 20 years as well as a state level bodybuilder for a few years. I now concentrate my time on hunting and working out to stay in shape between family activities.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 339 Times in 57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mag View Post
    Hunting fishing and snowmobiling for me. I bought a new snowmobile this month so im hoping for another record snowfall in the high country this year!

what did you get my 850 is waiting patiently?

mountain biking, whitewater, hunting and snowmobiling, basically rivers to ridgetops 365
    another way of saying it is. I am a human powered sports person whose favorite acitivy is snowmobiling.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 169 Times in 24 Posts
    2018 Pro 155. It sucks buying a sled in 90 degree weather but couldnt pass up the rebates on the holdovers! It should be quite the change from a 2006 summit!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180907_113356.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	22185

13. The Following User Says Congratulations to 7mag For This Post:

tim

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 146 Times in 36 Posts

Skiing, hunting, mountain biking, dirt biking, hiking, motorcycle trips. My wife says i have too many hobbies. I can see her point. If I widdled it down I'd save money and probably be better at the hobbies that remained. Currently I'm mediocre at everything

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zpooch For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast