Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 238 Times in 79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Necks can definitely stretch. Check your oal case length.
    During these tests I've been double checking everything. AOCL is spot on. Thanks CC.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Any of you seasoned reloader's ever heard of a powder's "breakover point" or have any knowledge of it?

Is it a real phenomena?

I have seen it mentioned in relation to similar reductions in velocities as 'BC is experiencing with a larger charge wgt in a given powder.

Regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks Prerylon- for what it's worth I'm using Aliant R-26

Thanks
    Thanked 2,402 Times in 1,353 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 434 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prerylyon View Post
    Any of you seasoned reloader's ever heard of a powder's "breakover point" or have any knowledge of it?

Is it a real phenomena?

I have seen it mentioned in relation to similar reductions in velocities as 'BC is experiencing with a larger charge wgt in a given powder.

Regards,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
    Never heard or it. I'm kinda funny in my approach to reloading....old school & if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My loads for my 30-06 & 25-06 were developed over 40 years ago. They still perform to my expectations, so I don't screw around with the loads. When I got my .300 Wby, it took me a long time to get it where I was satisfied with it's performance. The only time I would look at a new load would be if I couldn't get one of the components (powder, bullet) any more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.220 AI Swift 3 shot group 002.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	22268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220 Imp Swift with Chrono.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	22269

When you have a load (and gun) that performs like this, why screw with it. Just shoot it and enjoy!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Never heard or it. I'm kinda funny in my approach to reloading....old school & if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My loads for my 30-06 & 25-06 were developed over 40 years ago. They still perform to my expectations, so I don't screw around with the loads. When I got my .300 Wby, it took me a long time to get it where I was satisfied with it's performance. The only time I would look at a new load would be if I couldn't get one of the components (powder, bullet) any more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.220 AI Swift 3 shot group 002.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	22268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220 Imp Swift with Chrono.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	22269

When you have a load (and gun) that performs like this, why screw with it. Just shoot it and enjoy!
    I can't disagree with your statement CC. BUT, I need to get it there first. You are quite the marksman and I hope to achieve the accuracy you're getting with your rifles (Nice work to you- kudos)

It's also fun to tinker and learn new things as I am doing now so that I can shorten the learning curve when I start to reload for my other rifles as I'm still working on my first rifle with less than 1 year of reloading under my belt.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456