Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 30 Posts

5.11 flash lights iv used the L1 for years i started using the TMTR3 vary cool
    https://www.511tactical.com/tmt-r3mc-flashlight.html
    Trying like hell to live the dream,Nomad

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 18 Posts
    Not specifically a piece of hunting gear, but this years nomination for me is a battery powered impact wrench. It turned a flat on my trailer into a ten minute tire change. I will never leave home without it. The only problem is that this one was borrowed, so guess what I am getting for Christmas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 836 Times in 141 Posts
    Vortex bino adapter to tri pod. By far has made my glassing much more affective
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 232 Times in 43 Posts
    My Kimber rifle, I packed it for 13 hours a few weeks ago and my shoulders never tired.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 150 Times in 24 Posts
    Huge change for me in the pants department. Have been wearing old cotton BDU 6-pocket pants for years.

Finally pulled the trigger on some Kuiu Attack pants, then found Sitka Mt. pants on clearance rack at Cabela's. Wow, big difference!

And got some gaiters as well...like very much.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 150 Times in 24 Posts
    Huge change for me in the pants department. Have been wearing old cotton BDU 6-pocket pants for years.

Finally pulled the trigger on some Kuiu Attack pants, then found Sitka Mt. pants on clearance rack at Cabela's. Wow, big difference!

And got some gaiters as well...like very much.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 125 Times in 28 Posts
    A couple items for me:
    1: Sitka Timberline Pants. These things are awesome!! Had been wearing them during turkey season, but after wearing them for a week in the mountains, I'm hooked. Incredibly comfortable, and I never got hot or cold in them, just stayed a constant comfortable temperature
    2: Black Ovis game bags. My elk died in a rocky nasty burn, and after quartering him up, and moving bags around, dragging them on the ground, etc... They never tore or ripped. Got them home washed them out in the tub, then ran them through the washer (got busted doing this... Oops), and they are clean and as good as new.
    3: Black Diamond Icon headlamp - Thanks to WapitiBob for the rec. This thing is bad to the bone. It was a little scary going back in the the second load of meat on this elk, considering we had just seen a mountain lion not 75 yards from where he died.. But, the ultra bright setting really lit up the night!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 795 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 224 Times in 52 Posts
    I was prepping my truck for the upcoming hunts and I did come up with a game changer that a lot should have in their vehicle if heading into the back country miles from anywhere. It is a Viair 300P 12 volt air compressor. If you have a flat tire from a rock, nail, screw or anything else that you can fix with a plugging kit you are going to need to have a good air compressor to refill the tire and this Viair compressor will do the trick and just might save the hunt.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 4 Posts
    I upgraded optics and it's been a game changer for sure.

Leupold BX-3 replaced by Maven B2
    Vortex 1000 replaced by Leica 2000
    + marsupial harness from Shednecks.com

The BX-3's were nice and were a huge upgrade from the junk I had before. They served me well but the Mavens are in a different class. I hated that POS Vortex 1000 since I bought it and finally it stopped working so I was able to get it replaced and then sold.

Ended up costing me about $600 after selling the old ones.

And then I ran across a great deal on a Pentax PF80 ED on E-bay, sold the 100X+ power eye piece it came with to some guy in Spain, and found a great deal on an adjustable eye piece so I now have a very solid spotter that I only have a few hundred bucks in.

Been much different hunting so far, can't wait until Monday.

10. The Following User Says Congratulations to HighPlainsHunter For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 7 Posts

Thompson center pro hunter fx with leupold ultimate slam. Before this front stuffer came along I had more confidence in my recurve than my muzz. The accuracy is amazing and I now look forward to muzzleloader season. Also must give a big shout out to blackhorn 209 powder. A lot of the improvement is due to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast