Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 2 Posts

I cannot comment on the bullet but for issues with the Nosler cartridge. This summer i purchased many boxes of different copper rounds (Love CA) to test out with my 7mm. When i tried to fire the Nosler the bullet would go but the cartridge would expand so big it would get stuck in my barrel. The first one finally came out with using my bolt opening and closing on the cartridge and the second one (yes i fired two thinking the first was cause the barrel was hot) it jammed and the primer came out. I had to use my cleaning rod to pop the cartridge out. No Nosler for me!

I only say all this as maybe it wasn't the foam but quality control with Nosler?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 756 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 224 Times in 52 Posts
    You might want to contact Nosler or whoever's name is on the box and let them know of your experience with them.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 410 Times in 105 Posts
    I'm old school (and just old too!) ....I stick to the old tried & true lead!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JNDEER View Post
    I cannot comment on the bullet but for issues with the Nosler cartridge. This summer i purchased many boxes of different copper rounds (Love CA) to test out with my 7mm. When i tried to fire the Nosler the bullet would go but the cartridge would expand so big it would get stuck in my barrel. The first one finally came out with using my bolt opening and closing on the cartridge and the second one (yes i fired two thinking the first was cause the barrel was hot) it jammed and the primer came out. I had to use my cleaning rod to pop the cartridge out. No Nosler for me!

I only say all this as maybe it wasn't the foam but quality control with Nosler?
    Sounds like over pressure to me. Did you notice any more resistance closing the bolt on a live round vs previous ammo you have fired in the rifle? If the bullet was touching / jammed into the rifling, then you could get excessive pressure. Stuck cases / sticky bolts are indicators of excessive pressure. Could be ammo was over charged in production. Definitely contact ammo manufacturer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 2 Posts

LaH - no it went in smooth and all the other rounds i shot went in smooth (4 other manf.). I was going to- just lazy on my part for not doing it. Things got busy the week after i went to the range and I figured with an email that far out they may not care too much. I guess i can shoot them an email with some info from the box, just to let them know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12