Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 4 Posts

Good advice is always appreciated.Don't know it all' never will.Conservation helps us all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 23 Posts
    My father and I were guided by Retterath for prairie dogs in South Dakota on the way to a mule deer hunt in Wyoming. I reached out through a post and we got together and had a great time and still keep in touch. We are forever grateful to him and his family for having us for a couple days and allow my father to make a mark on his bucket list. Last year I hooked up with Apparition and went along on his Montana elk hunt last year as a pack mule. What a crazy, but great time. Deep snow, cold, high winds that almost blew our tent away, stalks a couple bulls, and everything in between.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wyoming Hart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have met a few guys on the mountain, not at camp. Anyway we stayed in contact over the years. I think thats pretty cool.
    Do you know what Jim Bridger said about the Indians? " Just when your not seeing any is about the time they are fixing to get the thickest"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 4 Posts
    88..Jim Bridger,Know what he means about Indians/nieghbors.I hunt alone in Az. sit around campfire alone 12Ga. on my lap.Never had a 4 leg critter come in,but 2 legged idiots too many times.Jump em' and pump em'

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I live in NC and tried to find a partner to hunt with last year and kinda did but he lived in a different state and on a different schedule. With me being retired and he not I got to the camp before him and after a few days between wildfires and the FS telling me I need to to to a different location etc I recommended he would be best go to Colorado VS the smoke filled area I was in so he did and we never met in person. He ended up getting an elk in Colorado and I didn't so I feel like I did him a favor. I have and would welcome anyone into my camp including indians so long as they treat me right. Maybe I've been lucky but never met anyone out huntin that felt like a threat. Everyone I met has been hard working hunters just trying to hunt some game like myself.

I haven't decided yet for sure where to hunt this year but I feel like a hunt could go better in many ways with a good hunting partner. I may try again this year to find someone again that's interested in a Western elk hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 101 Times in 19 Posts
    I've had a lot of detailed advice and guidance from other forum members, and have met with 3 of them in the field somewhere. I did actually do my first antelope hunt with a member who no longer posts here, but he literally showed me the ins and outs and was along when I harvested a good buck and two does to boot. JimP was a great help to me during my CO deer hunt last year. We met on the mountain, and he hosted me at his home for a bit, thanks again Jim.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RICMIC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 174 Times in 22 Posts
    Yes! Hunted with two people for a couple years after meeting them on this form and they are great guys. We?ve became good friends with them and have planned hunts in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 630 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 381 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FitToHunt View Post
    Curious to hear people's experiences meeting others for hunts on this, or other similar forums. I know for me it's always been tough to find like-minded individuals to bow hunt with specifically. With trying to coordinate dates, having the $, or the interest in doing the types of backcountry stuff I enjoy.
    I have two guys I met on this forum that I communicate with about every 2 to 3 days. One helped us on my son's Wyoming elk hunt (took 2 hours to kill his bull), I help him on out of state draw strategies. The other one was a younger guy when we first met. I taught him some draw strategies as he really wanted to kill a good bull elk. He keeps me posted on his home state and gear strategies and now that his knowledge is growing for out of state hunts, he has become a good resource for those states as well.

There are quite a few other guys I have met here or other forums that I correspond with every few months or so. We tend to offer each other support in our hunting goals. The best hunting relationships seem to have come from where we can bring different strengths to the table and support each others goals.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123