Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 805 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 200 Times in 66 Posts

AR pedator scope

Curios what are you guys using, red dot or standard scopes? BDC or tournament? Just looking at options as I?m looking for one for my new AR which is overdue to come in by two months now. Really frustrating!
    Moe shots will be under 200 yards but they?ll be occasions when they can be out the 400 yards. The primary arms website has some nice options that I?ve been looking at. I?m looking at the buy once cry once option within reason
    Thanks guys.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 14 Posts
    Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 FFP choose your reticle of your liking but I prefer MOA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 175 Times in 29 Posts
    I have had really good success with a Bushnell 3200 2.5-10x50. I got it on another gun in a trade and figured the 50mm objective wasn't a disadvantage in mounting height with the Burris PEPR mount I use on the AR. The low end is good for quick shots, the high end is good for longer ones. The zoom dial turns really easy too so that I can adjust power fast with one hand. I really don't often pack my AR if I expect shots past 250yds to be likely. I personally prefer the more powerful bolt gun with a higher BC bullet at a higher velocity for that. At least until I get a 22 Nosler upper.

Another AR scope I've used with some success is the 3.5-10x40 Leupold VX3 with the Boone & Crockett reticle. It fits the trajectory of my 55gr load from my 20" barrel better than the VH reticle. It still isn't perfect, but if I zero the 300yd crosshair at 300yds it gets me on a coyote to there.

The bolt gun (243 win) has a Leupold VX-6 3-18x44 with the TMOA reticle. I would consider that scope about ideal for coyotes. It has awesome glass, an awesome field of view, and plenty of zoom. I would call that my perfect coyote scope except that the turret has issues returning to zero after dialing elevation. I now just zero it for my max point blank range and don't dial it, works fine. Coyotes seldom give me time to range and dial, or to go prone anyway. If the new versions have perfected internals I'd think they are ideal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the input so far guys. Was curious if a lit reticle was an advantage especially an early morning and early dusk?

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations

AR pedator scope

Sitting in hotel researching. I?ve never use the radical like this but I?ve use a little radicals and this one has some nice features with windage and elevation already set up for the 5. 56 ammo
    Might just be overkill-LOL although it?s got very high reviews. Thx guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bonecollector; 07-10-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 175 Times in 29 Posts
    I personally like a very fine center crosshair or the TMOA. I have had to many reticles cover to much of a 200yd coyote. The Leupold 1-6x VX-6 with the lighted reticle and the VX-R 2-7 with the ballistic firedot are a couple. Coyotes are a much different shaped/size target than people and some of the more tactical reticles are to thick for my tastes.

I never needed a lit reticle hunting coyotes here, night hunting isn't legal. My best stand of the day is often the first so I wait until I can see decent before starting and at dark I take my chances.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    Use a similar Cabela's AR scope, but much less $. It's reticle is busy too. It's an entry level PSA Freedom (?) AR, so not hi end, about a 200 yard gun for me. I like it to 200, it would be a challenge at 400 due to the trigger, scope power and reticle, but in a pinch I'd try. If shots past 200 are important, mcseal2 offered VG options.