Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 129 Times in 111 Posts
    Congratulations
    73
    Congratulated 128 Times in 24 Posts

    Hammonds pardoned

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim McCoy View Post
    You sir have the facts and are spot on IMO.
    However, Hammond was arrested and convicted of interfering with a hunting party on public land 2 yrs prior to the poaching accusation. That gives strong credence to them poaching Deer just to simply piss off the outfitter.

    http://wildfiretoday.com/2016/01/05/...her-arsonists/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,166
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 291 Times in 224 Posts
    Congratulations
    378
    Congratulated 38 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    However, Hammond was arrested and convicted of interfering with a hunting party on public land 2 yrs prior to the poaching accusation. That gives strong credence to them poaching Deer just to simply piss off the outfitter.

    http://wildfiretoday.com/2016/01/05/...her-arsonists/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Seems like the hammonds are nothing but trouble. Using sandpaper to remove a tattoo from a 16 year old boy! Crimey, that guy should be sitting in jail for that alone.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    2,267
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 715 Posts
    Congratulations
    429
    Congratulated 101 Times in 37 Posts
    dirtbags on both sides of the law,. nothing but dirtbags. probably the best thing would be for all involved on both sides to do some serious time
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:


  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 60 Times in 42 Posts
    Congratulations
    9
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AT Hiker View Post
    However, Hammond was arrested and convicted of interfering with a hunting party on public land 2 yrs prior to the poaching accusation. That gives strong credence to them poaching Deer just to simply piss off the outfitter.

    http://wildfiretoday.com/2016/01/05/...her-arsonists/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You've got to be kidding, you think that any rational human being would commit a crime just to piss off somebody? Since the crime would have no effect on the guy that you wanted to piss how why would you commit the crime, you are only putting yourself in jeopardy with no chance of achieving your goal. That's really stretching things to expect anybody to accept that idea, it would be similar to somebody stealing my cell phone just to piss you off, it has no effect on you whatsoever so you wouldn't even care that my phone was stolen.

    It's far more likely that the hunting guide that claimed that the Hammonds poached was the same guy that the Hammonds supposedly interfered with. In other words, it's far more likely that the guide lied to get back at the Hammonds. I also wonder why the guide (Gordon Choate) waited for 11 years before telling anybody about the poaching. As a professional guide it seems to me that if he saw poachers in 2001 he should have reported it to law enforcement officials but instead he waited 11 years and then he still didn't report it as a crime, his testimony was used as an attack against the character of defendant in a trial. Your whole remark is moot anyways because the fact is that the Hammonds were not even charged with poaching, which implies that even the prosecuting attorney felt that the poaching charge was baseless or at least impossible to prove.

    Regardless, I'd like to see your proof that the Hammonds were arrested, charged, and convicted of interfering with a hunting party. Third party hearsay doesn't count, it needs to be actual court documentation. Since most people simply repeat things that they have heard or read on the Internet, I wont accept anything but factual proof.

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,788
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 692 Times in 539 Posts
    Congratulations
    298
    Congratulated 111 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    dirtbags on both sides of the law,. nothing but dirtbags. probably the best thing would be for all involved on both sides to do some serious time
    One side already did serve a bunch of time...

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 60 Times in 42 Posts
    Congratulations
    9
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    Seems like the hammonds are nothing but trouble. Using sandpaper to remove a tattoo from a 16 year old boy! Crimey, that guy should be sitting in jail for that alone.
    This is the same kid (Dusty) that still can't hold a job at 30 years old and the Hammonds were assigned custody of because he had behavioral issues.

    The Hammonds were investigated and they were allowed to perform public service and take anger managment classes as a resolution.

    It seems to me that if the investigators could prove that the Hammonds had actually done this wouldn't they have been charged with child abuse, and isn't the mandatory sentencing for child abuse time in prison, not public service?

    So what was the proof that they had actually done this? From what I've read it was a he-said, she-said situation, there was no proof of how it happened and Dusty said it was relatives that did it to him and the relatives said it was Dusty that did it to himself. What's more, since the sanding was done to remove tattoos that Dusty had put on his chest with a paper clip (prison tats) then I really have to wonder who would have been more likely to use the sandpaper on the kid, the adults who didn't have any history of this kind of issue or the kid that had behavioral issues and who didn't have a problem with stabbing himself with a paper clip many times to create two tattoos?

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    624
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 129 Times in 111 Posts
    Congratulations
    73
    Congratulated 128 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rammont View Post
    You've got to be kidding, you think that any rational human being would commit a crime just to piss off somebody? Since the crime would have no effect on the guy that you wanted to piss how why would you commit the crime, you are only putting yourself in jeopardy with no chance of achieving your goal.
    It?s up for debate if these are rational human beings.
    You do realize the majority of events that took place with this whole debacle can be describe as this, right?

    Maybe my opinion on why he poached the deer is off/wrong, just putting pieces together of past events. From my understanding of the poaching side of the case and some other aspects, they pleaded guilty to lesser charges...hence the appeal.

    I?m not going through a FOI request to get arrest documents to appease you to see whether or not they were indeed arrested in 1999 for interfering with a hunting party. I?m mean why would any rational reporter want to lie just to piss someone off?

    If the media is full of misinformation about this case and they are conspiring with Obama?s DOJ to acquire extra land via a modern day rancher genocide then President Trump needs to do more than a pardon, maybe finish draining the swamp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado
    Posts
    2,277
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 645 Posts
    Congratulations
    242
    Congratulated 267 Times in 56 Posts
    The whole thing is a mess, bad info on tv, arguably skewing of the facts......etc etc......the list goes on. Not a stable group of people in the end making bad decisions.
    The way I see it at minimum...
    1) they got a great deal grazing the land for profit
    2) they poached
    3) they tried to cover up the poaching
    4) they cost the taxpayer a ton of my money and risked lives
    5) they should be punished and pay for it all.

    Whole thing is ridiculous. He was on the news this am crying to the reporter. Give me a break. It wasn't his land he was renting it.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:


  11. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    2,267
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 715 Posts
    Congratulations
    429
    Congratulated 101 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim McCoy View Post
    One side already did serve a bunch of time...
    not nearly enough.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

  12. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    2,267
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 715 Posts
    Congratulations
    429
    Congratulated 101 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    The whole thing is a mess, bad info on tv, arguably skewing of the facts......etc etc......the list goes on. Not a stable group of people in the end making bad decisions.
    The way I see it at minimum...
    1) they got a great deal grazing the land for profit
    2) they poached
    3) they tried to cover up the poaching
    4) they cost the taxpayer a ton of my money and risked lives
    5) they should be punished and pay for it all.

    Whole thing is ridiculous. He was on the news this am crying to the reporter. Give me a break. It wasn't his land he was renting it.
    these ranchers believe it IS their land and no laws apply to them .THAT is the core of the problem.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •