Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LED Lantern

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Anyone tried the Luci solar lights? https://mpowerd.com/collections/shop...door-2-0-f2017

They're not real bright, just 75 lumens, but that's enough for a small tent, probably need three or four for a campsite, but they're just 4 oz., don't need fuel or batteries and claim 24 hours of light from 7 hours of direct sunlight.
    I love my Luci light, and use it for backpack hunting, canoe trips,etc. For a drive to camp, I would use something bigger. I just leave it out in the sun to recharge, and it has never run down on me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 664 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 280 Times in 60 Posts
    So.......couple questions that come to mind.

It seems to me that these 300 lumen and below lights/LED/Lanterns would be great for small 2-4 man tents, truck camping, backpacking etc etc.

My headlamps are in the 250 to 300 lumen range.........so using that as a comparison.

In the big wall tents I have two dual fuel Coleman's hung from the middle pole.... and the cooking tent has one over the stove/cooking area and one middle tent. Those I'm pretty sure are 1300 lumen and above.....one may even be 1600.

Has anyone used the options discussed in the post in a big wall tent 8 man or bigger with wood stove? Or are all these mentioned just for smaller applications?

They just don't seem bright enough for me.......in the main camp wall tents.

Spike camp (two man tent or bivy tarp) I'm using my headlamp and nothing else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 112 Times in 22 Posts

Our LED is only 190 lumens for our 12x14 wall tent. Works just fine. We don't need to light up, the sky.
    Coleman lanterns work better for light output but the fumes were the problem for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123