Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Name Your Teams

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 16 Posts

I used to watch a lot of sports but I just don't have the time or much interest anymore. I've lived so many places (CA, CO, AZ, WI, IL, MO, OK, OH, NC and overseas) that I have a list of teams I've followed and like to see do well. The only team I really follow closely is the

Carolina Panthers

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 16 Posts

I lived in IL when Dick Butkus, Gale Sayers played for 'Da Bears, moved to WI in 1965 and was there for the Lombardi years, lived in OH and watched Brian Sipe and the Kardiac Kids for a few years, moved to CA and pulled for the Bill Walsh 49ers and Oakland Raiders, moved to CO the year Elway came to town and the Orange Crush and marvelled how the Denver Post spent 8 pages on the Broncos even during training camp. I moved to AZ around the time the Cardinals came West and played in Sun Devil Stadium and you could buy scalped tickets for $10 and sit anywhere in the stadium, then moved to NC and was there when the Carolina Panthers started. I had season tickets for years.

Though I pull for all the teams I've rooted for over the years, I don't watch much sports anymore, but I can tell you about anything you want to know about the Carolina Panthers. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers and was glad to see Tepper, a part-owner of the Steelers, buy the Panthers this year.
    Last edited by hoshour; Today at 12:58 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234