Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 179 Times in 86 Posts

Feature/Benefit measurement when it comes to any piece of gear. The nice part now though is that returns are easy and if you don't mind shipping costs it can be manageable to find what you like.
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 639 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 218 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    I have found that you just need to make a eduicated guess on what you like and then go for it. Try it for a season and if it doesn't work out for you sell it and find another one.

I am unlucky in that department in that I have a few nephews that like to hunt so they inherit all of my equipment that I don't want to use.
    I think that's why my 19.5 year old son is like " oh get a couple dad and we can test them out and use them, I can use whatever one you don't like"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    Thought I would list my research the past 48 hours. I have it down to Marsupial, Kiss/Cub AGC, OV and FHF

Marsupial - 75$, small pocket storage, small webbing for harness, bigger holes on the sides for your bino to harness connection

Kiss/Cub AGC - 89-94$, lots of pocket storage, very big shoulder straps, seems kinda bulky and protrudes from the body.

OV - 95$, small pocket storage, small web backing with large sewn in X, harder square top closure.

FHF - 110$, small pocket storage, webbing straps that I see twisted all the time in videos, seems really small and compact to the body.

I'm leaning towards the OV now because.
    Marsupial don't like the big holes on the sides
    AGC just seems huge
    FHF would be at the top of the list but I don't like the straps and I want to be able to throw this thing on in the dark.

Thought? Comments form the users of the above?

Thanks
    Got the OV yesterday. Already have 3 of my buds saying they like it better than the Badlands, Kuiu and S4 they have. For all the reasons I mentioned above. Will give it a good test next week in the mountains scouting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    Got the OV yesterday. Already have 3 of my buds saying they like it better than the Badlands, Kuiu and S4 they have. For all the reasons I mentioned above. Will give it a good test next week in the mountains scouting.
    You mentioned the AGC... have you used one? If not, I’ve got one you’re welcome to borrow for awhile over the summer to see what you think. Just stop by sometime and grab it. I’ve moved on to the Marsupial. Both are nice and all of them have there advantages & disadvantages. Really comes down to personal preference.
    For many hunters the stigma of being unsuccessful has become so unbearable that the satisfaction of the hunt itself has become lost...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CoHiCntry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Final report. Put the OV through the paces to even include a low crawl/ belly crawl of about 70 yards. Does everything I was hoping for. Easy to put on, stays very tight and high on my chest, comfortable. Really easy to open and close. Only thing I'm gonna do differnt is take off my rubber bino covers ( Vortex) The OV seals up so well I don't need them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123