Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mjblk78 View Post
    So I decided to get my hunting license this year and put in for some tags here in Nevada where I live. I was expecting not a single tag and was hoping to go with some friends this year for the experience. I figured I would get a few points and maybe get something in the next few years. Well the luck that I have, I managed to get a late 051 bull elk.

Now I?m shitting my pants. Any info on the area, hunting elk, rifle, not dying, any advice would be highly appreciated
    my very best advise ......on your elk hunt , DO NOT soil your jeans , it will not make for a pleasant experience.

unless it's really,really cold. in which case ,do what ya gotta do to keep warm. what happens on the mtn ,stays on the mtn but only if you hunt alone.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 15 Posts
    Good luck! That first elk hunt is eye opening! I was not in sheep shape to chase elk when I went on my hunt. But, learned from it and have some great memories even though I didn?t arrow a elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Watch lots of elk hunting videos. Both on youtube and videos you can buy. Make another post asking about what kind of gear you need. Such as first aid kit, clothing, boots, backpack, rain gear, spot messenger/GPS, and the list goes on and on. Read magazines and live on this forum as well as other forums. Ask lots of questions and look in the archives for old elk hunting posts. Goodluck. Fatrascal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123