Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 247 Times in 54 Posts

All good points. Thanks for the advice everyone. I will circle back with my findings.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    That's entirely possible. But my suggestion was to start a process of elimination. Stock fit is the place I would start.
    Ya, asking her what she sees when she looks through the scope would be another thing to check, and carefully watching as she shoots to see if she is jerking the trigger, flinching, or raising her head at the shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So we took the rifle to the range over the 4th of July weekend.

I had her shoot it off of the sandbags and the bottom line is that its just too much gun for her.

We are looking at other options going forward.

I hate to sell this gun because its really nice and VERY accurate.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,342 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 434 Times in 113 Posts
    I just reread all the posts and I didn't see where the rifle make, model and caliber were listed. Another option is a screw on muzzle brake. I have one on my .300 Wby and it works well. Cuts down recoils (mine feels like I shooting a .243), but does increase noise. It can be screwed on when bench shooting & off when hunting.

Just a thought.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its a Browning A-Bolt II - Micro Hunter in 300 WSM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 174 Times in 22 Posts

Rifle POI varries per the shooter??

Husband and I are both avid shooters with both different eye visions and we both shoot and group identical even at large distances of around 1,000 yards with the same guns.

First thing Id probably check is form, is your wife shooting off a bipod and bags or a gun cradle (Im not a fan of cradles)? If its off a bipod and bags is she pushing tension through the bipod or pulling back? Pad of the stock placed firmly into the shoulder? How is the trigger being pulled? Where are both hands being placed on the stock? Upon fire can she see the impact through the scope? Is she perhaps reaching to see through the scope where you might not be?

These are all questions Id ask first for both of you to try and correct first

Personally if Im at the range or shooting at distances, i set the gun up so the bipod is loaded and the rear pad is adjusted right where i want my point of impact to be, before my hands even touch the stock. My non trigger hand never touches the gun ever, where my trigger hand softly rests on the stock but i never wrap my thumb around the grip. As a shooter you should never try to make your body uncomfortable to make the shot work, however i get in a hunting situation that this isnt always possible. Touchpoints and pressure points matter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by missjordan; 07-10-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Looks like we are going to sell the gun and drop her to an X-bolt in 6.5 creedmore. Hopefully this will be more of a gun she can handle and shoot well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123