Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 22 Posts

Wyoming Antelope w/ 10 points?

Now that I know I was unsuccessful on Utah antelope, I'm going to try and draw in Wyoming. I've been trying to draw the last few years but haven't yet. I'm looking to pick a unit that I can draw 100% with 10 points or really close to 100%.

A few units that I'm considering so far are 62, 67 & 68 and maybe 53. Looking for any and all opinions or information anyone is willing to share on these units. I'm all ears if there's another unit I should be looking at.

A good mid 70" goat would be great. Of course 80"+ would be nice but that's not a make or break it #. I will probably bring both rifle and muzzleloader. I would like to take one with the muzzleloader if possible but won't hesitate to pull out the rifle if/ when needed. I would rather take a mid 70"+ with my muzzleloader than a little bit bigger one with the rifle. So terrain that is good for stalking into less than 100 yards would be nice but not a must.

I'm probably going to be solo, so a hotel close by would be nice. Not sure that's feasible in any of these units? Or I might just bring a camper if my wife and daughter come. I'm pretty open on this part of it.

Appreciate any thoughts or information! Thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 627 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 381 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Now that I know I was unsuccessful on Utah antelope, I'm going to try and draw in Wyoming. I've been trying to draw the last few years but haven't yet. I'm looking to pick a unit that I can draw 100% with 10 points or really close to 100%.

A few units that I'm considering so far are 62, 67 & 68 and maybe 53. Looking for any and all opinions or information anyone is willing to share on these units. I'm all ears if there's another unit I should be looking at.

A good mid 70" goat would be great. Of course 80"+ would be nice but that's not a make or break it #. I will probably bring both rifle and muzzleloader. I would like to take one with the muzzleloader if possible but won't hesitate to pull out the rifle if/ when needed. I would rather take a mid 70"+ with my muzzleloader than a little bit bigger one with the rifle. So terrain that is good for stalking into less than 100 yards would be nice but not a must.

I'm probably going to be solo, so a hotel close by would be nice. Not sure that's feasible in any of these units? Or I might just bring a camper if my wife and daughter come. I'm pretty open on this part of it.

Appreciate any thoughts or information! Thanks...
    Send me a PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 3 Posts
    Finding an 80”+ buck is highly probable in unit 67. Should be a good year with the mild winter we had.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ssulliv155 View Post
    Finding an 80”+ buck is highly probable in unit 67. Should be a good year with the mild winter we had.
    Well... that's a start! Appreciate the reply.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 177 Times in 14 Posts
    Send me a pm.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 835 Times in 141 Posts
    Your going to have lots to choose from. Good luck on the draw
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the PM's, I do appreciate them! I'm getting ready to apply in the next couple day's. Any other thoughts out there? I'm still not sure which unit to go with? Seems like they all would be a good choice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 950 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 201 Times in 67 Posts
    Whatever you choose, I'm looking forward to the grip-n-grin photos! Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 770 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 572 Times in 77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Thanks for the PM's, I do appreciate them! I'm getting ready to apply in the next couple day's. Any other thoughts out there? I'm still not sure which unit to go with? Seems like they all would be a good choice.
    You nailed it with your last sentence. There is no wrong answer. Any area requiring that many points is going to be good to great if you have the time to invest and good hunting conditions. If it comes down to a coin flip, I would think hard about listening to UH's advice. I'm not sure anyone on here does more research.