Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 107 Times in 6 Posts

Seek Outside or Kifaru

Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. Have been looking at Seek Outside's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug Out 3/4 tarp vs Kifaru's Paratarp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. I will assume ease of setting up is similar.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlaggerman View Post
    Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. Have been looking at Seek Outside's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug Out 3/4 tarp vs Kifaru's Paratarp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. I will assume ease of setting up is similar.
    I have a combination of Kifaru & Seek Outside. I most frequently take my LBO shelter with the Kifaru sheep tarp. The versatility of the sheep tarp is so great.
    Last week I only took the sheep tarp with me on my turkey hunt. I anticipated two nights but was able to get it done in one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 198 Times in 33 Posts
    Both are great products. Spent last night on the river camping under my Megatarp. I also have a Paratarp, but I almost always pack the extra weight of the Megatarp for the extra room. The Paratarp gets used in the daypack when I want the option of staying overnight but don't really plan on it. My hunting buddy and I own a 8 man Seek tipi and stove combo also that we have been very happy with.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 836 Times in 141 Posts
    I like the Seek Outside myself but there are great options from both company’s.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 107 Times in 6 Posts
    Would you guys consider them equal in durability and ability to repel water?

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 22 Posts
    Would you guys consider them equal in durability and ability to repel water?
    Yes. I have used both and have no issue with either company. I own a supertarp from kifaru, and have used both an 8 man tipi and the courthouse from seek outside. I will probably sell my supertarp for the Tut from kifaru just because I like to be able to stand up in a floorless if I'm using it. Choose the model that works for you from either company, don't think you will go wrong either way

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mntnguide For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 954 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 203 Times in 69 Posts
    I also was looking at the tut, but the Cimarron was better in my mind due to a few minor issues users experienced with the tut.
    However, both are outstanding units.

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 190 Times in 87 Posts
    What did you end up going with?
    https://www.eastmans.com
    https://blog.eastmans.com
    https://www.wingmen.us
    https://www.instagram.com/eastmanshuntingjournals/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 198 Times in 33 Posts

I now own the Colorado and DST tarps from Seek Outside plus the 8 man tipi. From Kifaru I own the Paratarp and Megatarp. All have worked flawlessly and kept me dry when I've used them. I don't think either company has a quality advantage, both are excellent.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post: