Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 4 Posts

Seek Outside or Kifaru

Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. Have been looking at Seek Outside's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug Out 3/4 tarp vs Kifaru's Paratarp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. I will assume ease of setting up is similar.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlaggerman View Post
    Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. Have been looking at Seek Outside's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug Out 3/4 tarp vs Kifaru's Paratarp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. I will assume ease of setting up is similar.
    I have a combination of Kifaru & Seek Outside. I most frequently take my LBO shelter with the Kifaru sheep tarp. The versatility of the sheep tarp is so great.
    Last week I only took the sheep tarp with me on my turkey hunt. I anticipated two nights but was able to get it done in one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 173 Times in 29 Posts
    Both are great products. Spent last night on the river camping under my Megatarp. I also have a Paratarp, but I almost always pack the extra weight of the Megatarp for the extra room. The Paratarp gets used in the daypack when I want the option of staying overnight but don't really plan on it. My hunting buddy and I own a 8 man Seek tipi and stove combo also that we have been very happy with.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 764 Times in 128 Posts

I like the Seek Outside myself but there are great options from both company’s.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.