Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 254 Times in 58 Posts

We cubed them, marinated them, breaded them, and put them in the air fryer the other night. Pretty dang good!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 64 Times in 18 Posts
    I will smoke the whole bird for 6 hours at 250. The breast meat is tender and super juicy, but the thighs will be undercooked. We will eat a couple meals of breast, and then simmer the rest to make ala king or soup. Or I'll debone the bird, strip and deep fry the breast, and smoke the legs, thighs, and wings for other recipes. I like to smoke wild turkey because it really doesn't have much natural flavor, and the smoke gives it some.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 748 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 325 Times in 71 Posts
    My comments are geared toward one of our mountain birds, no farm fields to eat from, above 8k and running for their life all the time.
    We breast out the bird into cutlets, flour, egg, then into Panko with salt and pepper. The cutlets are hand sized and rolled flat with a rolling pin before dredging. Lightly fried in a skillet with a little peanut oil. Not covered in oil, just enough in the pan to crisp. I always make a garlic, capers pasta with it then sprinkle a little fresh lemon juice on top.

Dark meat I bone out and make jerky. I use my my elk spices/cure for that. I have not yet got any recipe to make the dark meat edible in opinion. ....or just wasn't hungry enough.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I prefer to smoke it. Because smoking and grilling is my hobby.
    I have a blog where i share my knowledge about different things like laptops, electric smoker etc...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123