Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,Time to Contribute from NV

Joined here a few years ago but not officially so here goes. Native Nevadan figure its time to contribute but like many of you I am not here to get your spots nor give mine away. Figure if you are in your spot and I am in mine where happy, however we may me share some of the same spots from time to time. Most the time if people communicate they can still hunt the same areas and both be successful . I have been in and around just about every Mtn north of the Tonopah line.I mostly archery hunt big game but I am also a nut for waterfowl, upland (them bastard Chukar), all types of fishing (former AK Halibut guide) and smoke cooking the rewards of my labor. Hopefully I don't piss any of you descent folks off and can help you out when possible. So good luck in the draws, until then rip some lips.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sleepingbear For This Useful Post:

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 178 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbear View Post
    Joined here a few years ago but not officially so here goes. Native Nevadan figure its time to contribute but like many of you I am not here to get your spots nor give mine away. Figure if you are in your spot and I am in mine where happy, however we may me share some of the same spots from time to time. Most the time if people communicate they can still hunt the same areas and both be successful . I have been in and around just about every Mtn north of the Tonopah line.I mostly archery hunt big game but I am also a nut for waterfowl, upland (them bastard Chukar), all types of fishing (former AK Halibut guide) and smoke cooking the rewards of my labor. Hopefully I don't piss any of you descent folks off and can help you out when possible. So good luck in the draws, until then rip some lips.
    Welcome to the forum!
    www.eastmans.com
    blog.eastmans.com
    www.wingmen.us

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 112 Times in 30 Posts
    Welcome
    Enjoy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 166 Times in 21 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 277 Times in 59 Posts
    Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,273 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 781 Times in 131 Posts
    Welcome to the forum. Always great to have another Nevadan on the forum. Good luck in the draws
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Welcome sleepingbear,

When I saw your reference to AK, I thought about memories of Halibut in Homer, King Crab in Kodiak, and Rosevelt Elk on Raspberry Island. Lots of Sitka Blacktail on that island too.

I hadn't been in Alaska for more than a few hours, via an exciting flight on "Wien," when I was walking in downtown Kodiak with my ex-brothers-in-law. As we walked by a bar, the swinging doors flung open, a guy came crashing out into the street, and then a woman showed up at the entrance barking a paraphrase of: "If you ever disrespect me again....!" In classic timing, one of my ex brothers-in-law said: "Welcome to Alaska!"

Good luck with your hunting this year.
    "I don't know squat about hunting." Phillips - circa 1959 to present
    NRA - Life Member (Benefactor), RMEF - Life Member, MDF - Life Member

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HogsFly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ran charters out of Ninilchik Ak i've got some memories from there i'll never forget like having a man over board on my second day on the job, Captain made a almost fatal air driving in rough sea's. The boat dipped hard on the port side throwing a client in the water. Managed to get him back in the boat just as the Captain started having a heart attack. Got him a nitro pill and drove both back to the beach( Us tractors and log skidders to launch) where ambulances where waiting. Hell of an intro and many drinks. Did the top of the world snow mobile ride with the Palin's. Just a few to mention. My blood pumps just talking about the place. Fear the women up there more than the bears, lol. Thanks for the replies

Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 417 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 135 Times in 29 Posts

That tractor launch/recovery is not for the faint of heart, especially when it's choppy and the tide is ripping! You must have some good boating skills!

Welcome to the forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast