Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Catahoula12 View Post
    I have hunted alone on occasion for archery hunts in the past. Rifle hunts have been with either my spouse, my long time hunting buddy/best friend or my uncle. Although, it’s been nice last 4 seasons that my spouse has taken up archery hunting. She has always shot a bow for the enjoyment of shooting but now chases elk. Honestly, it’s not a big deal to hunt alone but it’s nice to have an extra set of eyes with you..
    and an extra back for packing when you do kill something,
    which brings us to another reason I like to hunt alone ,it is nice to NOT have an extra mouth along.
    extra mouth means packing more food , which is not really a big deal so long as that mouth packs it. but an extra mouth also means more noise and in general less sighting of game.

is there any among us who have hunted with another who just WOULD NOT SHUT UP?
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 15 Times in 6 Posts
    Yes I do. As a matter of fact I?m hunting alone as I type this in dead silence as in no gobbles!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 215 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swampokie View Post
    Yes I do. As a matter of fact I?m hunting alone as I type this in dead silence as in no gobbles!
    Ohhhh to be able to hunt where there is cell coverage, such a luxury.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 230 Times in 46 Posts
    Elk I hunt archery with either my father, uncle, friends, kidos, or wife I am seldom alone maybe one elk hunt a year. Camp is large and filled with mutiple family's and kids from age 2-12 as well as many non hunting folks. Bulls are not large but if the weather holds a good time. Sometimes we can drive as far as a hour to hunt but worth it to be in camp.

Muleys archery I scout and hunt all solo. Makes it harder but I have not found too many folks who put in the time scouting that I do and hard to turn over even the unit where a large buck is. Sometimes I dont even tell the wife what basins I am going to look at.. Lately a few mule deer guys I talk with and value their opinion strongly feel that 2 people a spotter and hunter give a big advantage and have pushed me to get a partner. I agree it would help but have not taken that step yet.... Also with mule deer I will move on a whim in the middle of the night if needed and adding other folks to the process slows the decision. I like it that way it seems mule deer is so fluid of a hunt you never know where it will take you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I also hunt (fish) alone 90% of the time. I do enjoy company, but I don't like to be under someone else's time frame. If I want to stay out all day, if I want to go home early and watch a football game, it doesn't effect anyone else either way. I live in Washington on the wet side, and hunt blacktails and elk. My wife hates it, but she always knows which way I'm headed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 48 Times in 12 Posts
    I Hunt only with my son or daughter. If they don't have tags then I Hunt alone. More often than I like but I don't enjoy hunting with others as I do with them.

A few rare exceptions but very limited

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 805 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 200 Times in 66 Posts
    I almost always hunt alone at home. However when traveling 2,000+ miles to hunt, I like to share the trip travel and camp, even if I hunt alone. I've only gone west once alone. I had a great time, but the drive back home was longggggggggggg after 8 days of hunting and the drive out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I hunt alone very rarely but it happens. I just flew to New Zealand and spent 6 days alone in the backcountry. It was fun but would have been better with a buddy. I don't prefer it but do if I have to. My brother prefers hunting alone. But thats his hunting style though. He worries too much what the other guy is doing. Always best to hunt with a buddy just for safety concerns.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 26 Times in 3 Posts
    Lucky to have great hunting companions. They seem to be younger and fitter than I am but they still take me along with them. I wonder if its easier to find them in a great place like SD, but it might be that I've worked harder to find and keep them. We've been a lot of great places over the years, and I think they appreciate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 805 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 200 Times in 66 Posts

Come on Dan. Using a cameraman does not quantify as hunting alone!

Quote Originally Posted by DanPickar View Post
    I hunt alone very rarely but it happens. I just flew to New Zealand and spent 6 days alone in the backcountry. It was fun but would have been better with a buddy. I don't prefer it but do if I have to. My brother prefers hunting alone. But thats his hunting style though. He worries too much what the other guy is doing. Always best to hunt with a buddy just for safety concerns.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast