Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 621 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 313 Times in 41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kelso View Post
    Yes, I believe it is Owl Cr. Or at least part there of.
    It is hard to have a bad antelope in Wyoming as long as you have adequate access. With your points there are units with better trophy potential, but that is totally up to you. Several of those better units might require stepping up to the Special tag though. One thing I would recommend is to not hunt the opening week. Our most fun Wyoming antelope hunts have been arriving a couple weeks into the season. You have tons of antelope still to hunt and the place virtually to yourself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    I've never been there but I want to hunt it for elk. I don't have the patience to wait 10 more years though lol. I hope you have a great hunt and I second what UH said about waiting until later vs the opener. I've only been on 1 lope hunt but I saw fewer than 10 hunters in 2 different units over a 5 day period.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I will arrive a week after the start of the season. I wont miss all of the hunters, but the initial push should be over. I decided not to pay for the special draw, so my choices with 6 points were not as plentiful.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 410 Times in 105 Posts
    Totally agree with not hunting opening week. I have always hunted late in the antelope season because I usually hunt deer too and it opens just after antelope closes. This year I'll hunt the last few days for a doe (maybe 2) antelope just before deer season starts.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As mentioned, i'm pretty excited. My wife prefers mule deer to antelope, so I put in for a couple muley doe tags in 125. Already talked to a land owner that says if I draw to let him know and he would let me whack a couple on his place. Should be fatty's eating his alfalfa. I think I should be able to scratch out a 15" antelope out of 83. That's what I would like to hold out for. A solid representative of the species. I have a brother in law that loves hunting, but hasn't got out in yrs. He is also putting in for a couple doe tags and will go with me. If all is drawn, we should have a pile of memories.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    I saw a few really nice lope bucks in 83 last year. Be sure to get get a couple 83 type 7 tags also. not type 6.... There are plenty of landowners that will let you hunt their property. Check out the landowner list. Also look at whitetail doe tags for area 120.
    So u just apply for these doe tags as second choice? Whats diff between type 6 and 7?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Keep us posted on how 83 turns out. My stepfather and I chose that unit too. I'm planning two trips up there this year to poke around and do a little scouting. Good luck!
    "I don't know squat about hunting." Phillips - circa 1959 to present
    NRA - Life Member (Benefactor), RMEF - Life Member, MDF - Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 19 Posts
    Type 6 and 7 are additional doe/fawn tags and a separate drawing from the type 1 and type 2 any antelope tags. No PP needed for type 6 or 7 and the draw is random.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, I hope this tag is secured soon. All it is doing is costing me money waiting to find out. Yesterday I purchased a (new to me) truck. I did need it, cuz my 03 Super Duty with 253000 was a bottomless money pit. As often as it broke, I needed to replace it. The possible hunt just expedited it. I was thinking I should just rent a truck to go on the Wyoming trip to make sure I wasn't broke down somewhere between home and Wyoming (1000 ish miles each way). I found a 2014 3.5 ecoboost f-150 with 21000 on it for a heck of a deal and gave the wife my best sales pitch. We drove to Spokane (400 miles) and picked it up yesterday. Other than a few possible clothing items, I'm running out of things to buy for this trip. Come on June!!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 94 Times in 14 Posts

Oh there's always something else to buy ha ha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast