Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 163 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Maybe the $600 resident fee... no way I would pay $6 grand for any tag! I’ll let the rich guys duke it out for those overpriced tags
    When you look anywhere else in North America to go hunt a grizzly...the $6k is pretty dang cheap. Just saying, there is nowhere you can go for under $10k to hunt grizzlies, and that means going to at least Canada, so I agree entirely with the 3-4 non-resident tags being priced how they are.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 396 Times in 100 Posts
    I hope Wyoming gets it's hunt. I've hunted the Teton Wilderness and seen them in their element, they are awesome creatures. Personally, I have no desire to shoot one. I have taken a couple of Black Bears and probably will never take any type of bear again. They aren't great table fare (in my opinion) and I don't need another one for a rug or anything else. Just me I guess.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Animals heretofore managed by the feds, mostly on land managed by the feds, and now a 1000% difference in tag fees between residents and the rest of us that footed the bill. That makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dos Perros For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 148 Times in 13 Posts
    https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/cont...-2-26-18-3.pdf

(b) For the taking of elk, grizzly bear or moose, a hunter shall use a longbow, recurve
    bow or compound bow of not less than fifty (50) pounds draw weight and an arrow equipped with a
    fixed or expanding point broadhead that when fully expanded cannot pass through a seven-eighths
    (7/8) inch solid ring.

This draft bill will also answer your gun caliber question.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 245 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Perros View Post
    Animals heretofore managed by the feds, mostly on land managed by the feds, and now a 1000% difference in tag fees between residents and the rest of us that footed the bill. That makes sense.
    Most every state charges the non-res hunter fees that are MUCH higher than resident fees for tags and licenses for all game animals. This would be no different.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 214 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Perros View Post

And now the hunt will be managed by the Wyoming Game and Fish. No different than what they are doing with moose, sheep, and goats.

As to the price of the hunts you can figure in another $4000-who knows what for your guide service if you are hunting in the wilderness for the non resident. Also last year before they lost the grizzly hunt in British Colombia you could figure $15000+ for the hunt. I haven't looked to see what they are charging in Alaska for a inland or mountain brown bear hunt.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 618 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 311 Times in 41 Posts
    I'm out at $6k for the tag. I think an outfitter would likely add $7K to $8K to that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 97 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mntnguide View Post
    When you look anywhere else in North America to go hunt a grizzly...the $6k is pretty dang cheap. Just saying, there is nowhere you can go for under $10k to hunt grizzlies, and that means going to at least Canada, so I agree entirely with the 3-4 non-resident tags being priced how they are.
    I don’t disagree that comparatively it might be a good deal to some if you didn’t have to use an outfitter. Just not for me. Hunting & killing any animal isn’t worth that kind of money to me. There are plenty of guys that will go for it though.
    Last edited by CoHiCntry; 03-10-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 112 Times in 30 Posts
    Where do i send my tag app and money? This is the only animal besides wolves id be willing to hunt in Wyoming because of the wilderness law and not having points for the others.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts

there is an old saying ,"a fool and his money are soon parted."

there is no limit to what some will pay.

I have killed many animals in my life. not a single one cost me more then a few hundred bucks. can't see paying more now, think I will stick to deer and elk. they taste much better anyhow.
    to each their own though.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 03-11-2018 at 08:19 AM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast