Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mallardsx2 View Post
    Is that a serious question?

Attachment 21043
    After looking at your pic, its clear to me you have no idea what your doing when it comes to mounting a scope LOL, In all honesty i also have multiple Leupold scopes and have no issue with them but..........when i built my nob twister and needed a scope with bullet proof tracking and repeat-ability I went Nightforce and haven't looked back. Leupold's customer service and warranty is awesome but it's something i hope to not use that often....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to packer58 For This Useful Post:

3. The Following User Says Congratulations to packer58 For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 32 Posts
    Between my brother and myself, since the mid-70's, we probably have 20 ish Leupolds, one issue. One bought around 1976 had an eye piece issue around 1999. Great products.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    After looking at your pic, its clear to me you have no idea what your doing when it comes to mounting a scope LOL, In all honesty i also have multiple Leupold scopes and have no issue with them but..........when i built my nob twister and needed a scope with bullet proof tracking and repeat-ability I went Nightforce and haven't looked back. Leupold's customer service and warranty is awesome but it's something i hope to not use that often....
    Your right. I have no clue what I am doing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsenhike View Post
    It is. Plenty of people don't know how to mount a scope properly. With that kind of set-up I would think you would have looked through the scope before buying it.

Binoculars, rings, scope. You have bad luck with Leupold stuff.

I have had a dozen scopes, probably ten sets of rings, spotter, binoculars, many used and not one problem.

I bought the scope online. I looked through it when it was on 4-6X or something like that and it was 100%. I then mounted it and turned it down to 3X and noticed the issue after the fact.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 40 Times in 11 Posts
    I bought the scope online. I looked through it when it was on 4-6X or something like that and it was 100%. I then mounted it and turned it down to 3X and noticed the issue after the fact.
    Time to send it back. Was it new?

ETA: I see it was. Away it goes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ya it was brand new. Sent it out 2 days ago. Its a Really nice scope. Low light ability is unreal.

As soon as I get it back I can take some lessons on how to mount a scope on YouTube and then re-mount it. LOL

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ya it was brand new. Sent it out 2 days ago. Its a Really nice scope. Low light ability is unreal.

As soon as I get it back I can take some lessons on how to mount a scope on YouTube and then re-mount it. LOL
    Funny guy. You would be amazed how many people don't know how to properly mount a scope. Especially when it comes to bedding bases and lapping rings. "I trust my.....", is a common thought.

Hope it all works out for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Horsenhike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Real nice, mallardsx2. Pulled out my rangefinder today to do some dry fire practice. It is totally fubar. Your thread broke my rangefinder.

Should have kept my mouth shut about not having problems with Leupold products.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    I love Leupold scopes. They're excellent products at fair prices. I own at least five of them. My favorite is a Vari-X II 4x12x40 AO. But I like my Vari-X II 3x9x40. I own a coupla Vari-X III's and a couple VX-III's.

I have a ~45 year-old American-Made Redfield Ranger 2x7 that has never failed me.

Here's how I look at optics: a rifle scope must be 100% reliable. It must hold zero. It must be nitrogen sealed.

We could easily fork out 3k for German optics. But we might look through our scopes for maybe 5 minutes a day. We might glass for hours. Hence, I'd suggest going with the best quality binos a hunter can afford. As long as scopes fulfill essential criteria, you're in money.

My scopes, with one exception, Leupold, and my binos are German (Zeiss).

I have no idea if this is true: I've heard Leupold has introduced foreign-made products into its line-up. Good thing I don't need another scope.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SansSouci For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 8 Posts

We've hired a cpl past Leupold employees and I was told some of their models have the objective assemblies put together out of the country. That would not deter me from buying their product if I was a satisfied Leupold customer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12