Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 160 Times in 36 Posts

Vortex 10X42 + Small Tripod + Leupold rangefinder.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 240 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hntnnut View Post
    Are those the 9x45 porro prisms From the early 90s? I have a pair of those and still use them in my work truck.

Richard
    They are the 10X50 Wind River Porro Prism binos and they are still crystal clear almost 25 years later.
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just upgraded binoculars to a pair of Maven 9x45's. Did an enormous amount of research into many models outside the usual 3-4 brands hunters use. Came away really impressed with the knowledge of astronomy and birding site folks who like brands like Minox, Steiner, Pentax, Docter, takahashi, fujinon, kowa, etc. just as much as the others like Zeiss, Swaro, Leica, leupold, and vortex. I was able to try just about every pair Maven had at a show in Cody and with 25% off at the show decided to pull the trigger.

Now I just gotta see how my wife and daughter respond with retaliation purchases. LOL.

I have a nikon archery rangefinder that I typically use instead of my vortex 1,000.

I also run a Pentax PF80 ED spotter.

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 161 Times in 20 Posts

My 7 year old pair of Zeiss rangefinding binos were stolen at the end of last fall.. which sucked obviously. I debated what to replace them with all winter, and eventually decided to not get RF binos because I no longer am guiding so they aren't as necessary, and I have a good leupold handheld I use for archery anyway. I decided to go with Maven 11x45 for now.. I have been using them for bear season and shed hunting, and am very satisfied with all aspects of them so far. After coming from a $3k bino to these, I thought I wouldn't be happy, but I am very much satisfied with my purchase so far.. as far as spotting scope, i run a Kowa 77mm, and ill put that up against all of the big 3 in every aspect any day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234