Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 778 Times in 131 Posts

Being new to Archery I went to mechanical due to not being able to be accurate with fixed blade. I don’t have the knowledge YET to be able to tune my bow correctly. When I do I want to switch to fixed blades.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 148 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm a Magnus Buzzcut guy also. I shot the Stingers before that. I use 100 to 125 grain heads. They hit the same place as my field tips. It's not hard to get broadheads and field tips to hit the same spot. Usually only takes a little move of the rest and make sure you have good helical on your fletching. There are a lot of good choices in heads some are better made than others.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I think slick tricks are hard to beat, construction-wise. Lots of love for the Magnus here, I agree with that too. Just shot buzzcuts from 70 yds the other day and they were grouping with field tips. Great heads!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 750 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 198 Times in 66 Posts
    What's a fixed blade?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecollector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 6 Posts
    I've been shooting 3 blade 125gr muzzies since 1989. Everytime I think about changing I see the price on some of the latest broadheads and tell myself there is no way they they are twice as good as muzzies even though they are twice the price. Hard to believe what some of the broadheads go for these days.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 2 Posts
    Has anybody used muzzy trocars? Just wondering what people have thought of them. I bought a pack of the muzzy trocar switches to test out and have not yet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I?ve shot a ton of G5 montecs, but two blades are hard to beat. There is no such thing as a bad two blade that I?ve seen. Magnus stingers, or Dead right there come to mind, I like heavier so I go with the DRTs. But with a true fixed blade cut on contact you can?t go wrong with a G5 and they can be sharpened up to about 20times in my experience. I had one that finally go broke off in a hog and I had at least 10 kills on it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bowrunner View Post
    Has anybody used muzzy trocars? Just wondering what people have thought of them. I bought a pack of the muzzy trocar switches to test out and have not yet.
    I didn’t really like mine. I was having a blade come loose every few shots when I was dialing it in and I just never did get one into my quiver because of it. I just new I’d take one out of the box and it get loose somewhere on the way and throw my arrow off. Just a crazy scenario I thought up but I wasn’t confident in them. But I’ve shot a lot of their classic styles and killed some critters.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm far from an expert, because I don't have money to try everything, but I have had good luck with plain old 100 gr. 3 blade muzzy's. My thinking is that when a product has been around as long as they have, there must be something right with it. Out of a tuned bow they shoot as accurately as I can and have penetrated well for me on deer, elk and antelope even on less than ideal shots. May not be quite as strong as something with a steel ferrule, but at half the price (or less), I'll just replace them if they get damaged.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by DanPickar View Post
    I am a 4 blade guy and prefer all steel fixed blade heads like a slick trick or Ironwill. Is there anything better out there?
    I am a huge fan of the IronWills that I just purchased. With very little work, I am flying true out to 80 yards with no issues! They are warranted against breaking, and I am amazed as to how sharp I can keep these heads! Give them a look!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast