Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 175 Times in 29 Posts

I went from a Yamaha Grizzly 700 4 wheeler to a Ranger several years ago. We put a ton of miles on them on the ranch and trade every year. I feel safer on side-hills and steep inclines with the Ranger, I'm amazed at where it will go. The little bit wider and longer wheel base make a big difference in my experience. The bed is great too for hauling gear. I use it out west too and like that I can carry self-recovery gear, packs, cooler of food/drinks, and meat if successful in the bed. I seldom use the winch on the front but we got stuck after a 15" snow fall in Wyoming last year and it sure came in handy. Saved lots of shoveling. I carry quite a bit of chain plus tire chains. The tire chains have proved priceless at home when calving in bad weather. The Ranger saves lots of calves on the ranch having a cooler with hot water, milk replacer, colostrum, plus a bottle and tuber always with me when checking them. The power steering and winch are worth the cost.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 396 Times in 100 Posts
    I use my winch with my blade to move snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plowing snow 002.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	20979
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 16 Posts
    I use my atvs primarily for ice fishing, and there's no way that a side by side can go where I can go unless it has tracks. If that's not your thing, a side by side is probably your best bet
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 214 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I use my winch with my blade to move snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plowing snow 002.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	20979
    I also use my 4 wheeler to plow snow but this winter we never did see enough to even fire up the machine. I took the blade off when I went javelina hunting in Arizona and figured that I wouldn't put it back on unless we got more than 4" in one storm.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 396 Times in 100 Posts
    I used mine the one time that's in the picture. All the rest of the snow was an inch or 2 at the most.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 17 Posts
    I have the mid-sized Ranger 570. I've taken it out west with my twice antelope hunting, and since my hunt partner has very limited mobility, it was a real asset. I still preferred to hike into the back country for my lopers, but it was a blast getting on rabbits and seeing the country on the Ranger. I do use a trailer to haul the mid-sized, but you can still haul it in the back of a 8' pickup box if you need to; it drives up and over the wheel hubs with no problems. 2.6K miles so far without an issue.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 30 Posts
    I've got 2 sidexsides one 06 rhino 450 carbed and a 2016 Polaris 570 mid crew. The rhino is way way better in the snow and over rough roads. the Polaris is great for touring with friends and family in fact we put 2600+ miles on it in a 2 years with no major issues other then you have to replace the air filter every 20 to 30 hours. bad air filter location. I use my old rhino as my trapping rig and it never lets me down. As for snow use its driving around lots of stuck 4 wheelers to pull them out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 778 Times in 131 Posts
    Side by side would be my choice.

I?ve had both and like having the cover over my head to keep the weather and sun off me. The disadvantage is the quad is much more maneuverable and you can definitely get to more places.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 15 Posts
    I think I?m going for the sxs! The pro?d outweigh the cons (which was few). Should have it next week after working this weekend. Guess that?s what happens when you go to the dealer with your eye on a atv but the versatility of a sxs grabs your eye and wallet! Thanks guys. Will post when I pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Congratulations to Team Kabob For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 15 Posts

Picked up the Polaris and someone love the sxs too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Congratulations to Team Kabob For This Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12