Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brands?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 175 Times in 29 Posts

Good clothing doesn't have to be nearly as expensive as one might think either. Discount codes, Camofire, Ebay, forum classifieds, and the fall sales before next years clothing model comes out can all be great places to pick it up at a reduced rate. A lot of what I use was picked up that way over time. Camofire had some great Kryptek deals recently I saw.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah I agree on that. I wear Carhartt a lot at work, they just chafe if I don?t wear long enough underwear. I?m a surveyor so I walk a lot, it?s just they?re so hot in the summers.

But I?m keeping my options open just trying to feel around and see what I want, and make sure I try everything I can.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    Good clothing doesn't have to be nearly as expensive as one might think either. Discount codes, Camofire, Ebay, forum classifieds, and the fall sales before next years clothing model comes out can all be great places to pick it up at a reduced rate. A lot of what I use was picked up that way over time. Camofire had some great Kryptek deals recently I saw.
    Well I also found out my father in law has an old fraternity brother that works at Sitka or their parent company (can’t remember) but he just told me anything I want I just have to call him and he can get it at 50%

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JT1992 View Post
    Well I also found out my father in law has an old fraternity brother that works at Sitka or their parent company (can’t remember) but he just told me anything I want I just have to call him and he can get it at 50%
    . nice!
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 175 Times in 29 Posts
    I'd be all over that deal, they make great quality clothing. Several people who get more days afield than I do and whose word I'd trust say that First Lite Aerowool next to skin with Sitka layers past that is the best thing going right now. Not the cheapest by far, but the best.

I'm not brand loyal, I mix and match pieces from all of them, but if I had a Sitka 50% off opportunity my purchasing from them would increase quite a bit!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mcseal2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    https://sylogear.com/. Looks to be a rebranded core4.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 147 Times in 22 Posts
    I'm 50 and my best buddy has worked for Cabela's since before we were college roommates. He got me some smok'in deals back in the day. I continued to get Cabela's branded clothing for years. Tough stuff, and hard to wear out.

Cabela's Waterfowl Gore-tex / Thinsulate system's parka can layer up or wear the shell. It's bullet proof. Their MTO50 Gore-Tex rainwear still going strong after 15+ years. I have numerous Cabela's branded pants, coats, layers, underwear, etc. All great stuff!

Like optics, "get the best you can afford."

I have ventured in to the Kuiu gear a little, and I like it. And found Sitka Mt. Pants at the Bargain cave for a steal. Good stuff. I'm just a cheap bastard and can't bear to replace my good old Cabela's branded clothing.

Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daubs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 41 Posts
    I’ve bought some Cabelas clothes from the bargain bin lately and have been very happy with the quality and fit. I look for casual and use them for what ever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Go to Mountain Archery website, great discounts (20% off Sitka Gear). Plus other great deals. I've used the site numerous of times and you get the stuff you order in a couple of days.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 10 Posts

Any of you guys that get into the real cold wet stuff, King of the Mountain make a carbonfiber wool mix. Very tough, does not stink and lasts forever. Sleeping Indian is supposed to be almost as good and a newer one that I just found is Silent Predator. Sleeping Indian and King of the Mountain are very pricy though. Good luck and God bless

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123