Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 17 Posts

CZ Model 455 .22 LR review

I just purchased this CZ .22 LR which had a nice walnut stock with checkering and no sights. I put a 2-7 Leupold Rimfire scope on it with Warne mounts. I've been looking for a nice .22 bolt rifle with a wood stock something along the lines of this rifle or the Ruger 77 .22 LR. Unfortunately Ruger no longer makes that model I found out.

It was 27 degrees and breezy today with snow on the ground when I went out to shoot. I shot some CCI, Federal, and some Spitfire .22 LR which I think are also Federal loadings but with different bullets. At 50 yards I got 1/2" to about 3/4" five shot groups shooting with a bipod on the front and a small bag at the rear. I was also shooting with gloves on because it was cold with the breeze. I'm really pleased with the results of the shooting and I sure cannot blame the rifle if I miss something with it. Each of the different loads I tried hit almost exactly the same point of impact as the others. Dang good I would say!

David
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6mm Remington For This Useful Post:

3. The Following 2 Users Say Congratulations to 6mm Remington For This Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 369 Times in 95 Posts
    Sounds good to me..........
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 194 Times in 41 Posts
    My friend has one. It is a good shooting gun.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 17 Posts
    I shot on the Shoot & See targets a couple days ago and did not do quite as good as I thought I did. I went back out today and the conditions were better. The little CZ still shot very well. I used a lot better target this time around going with the Mountain Plains Industries with the 1" blue diamonds and 1/4" square lines on the targets. This is how it shook out with the .22 LR ammunition that I had. Three groups with each - five shots - all at 50 yards.

CCI hollow point ammo: 9/16" 11/16" 1 1/16"
    American Eagle hollow pt: 7/16" 13/16" 1 1/16"
    Federal Stinger hollow pt: 1 5/16" 1 3/8" 1 9/16"

I'm still going to have to keep it! Point of Impact for all three was very close with the CCI & the Federal American Eagle almost exactly the same.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6 mm Remington, I shoot 22s better when it warms up outside. I don?t know if it is me or the rifle or the ammo although I suspect a combo of all three. How is your 455 shooting now that we are out of winter? If you haven?t tried other ammo, you should because you might find something that really tightens your groups. I have two CZ 452s that shoot very well with SK Standard Plus and even better with SK Rifle Match. For plinking, I use Federal Automatch or CCI Standard Velocity and I still get groups that average less than .75? at 50 yds. Unfortunately, when I chronographed these last two, there was a significant velocity spread that showed itself with vertical stringing at 100 yards.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 106 Times in 25 Posts
    Any of you have any experience with the CZ 557? Looking at the Varmint in .243

Northern North East US ...not a masshole !
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 3 Posts
    I have the 452 in 17 mach 2 and a very old CZ training rifle from the 50's ....the key to accuracy for me was having good triggers. The training rifle had been sporterized in the 60's and the trigger was reworked to perfection. The 452 needed a rifle basix trigger and my groups became very nice ! They are spectacular guns !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I put a Rifle Basix trigger in my 452V and it did help the consistency of my groups. I adjusted the factory trigger on my 452FS down and, despite some creep, I can shoot it pretty well.