Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nuther shooting

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 17 Posts

I believe that the expansive social media use, and 24/7 news that sensationalizes everything is a big part of the problem. I won't repeat the names, but I still know who the Columbine shooters were. Them, the recent shooter, and a new one arrested in Everett, Wash. (turned in by his grandmother before he acted), all wanted to be famous and use the previous "body count record" as a goal to shoot for. These perpetrators need to be "disappeared" upon their arrest, no names, faces, facebook posts. GITMO or a tiny cell in a reopened Alcatraz sounds right to me. Better yet, turn him over to one or several of the parents of the victims and ask no questions afterwords.
    Although there are a lot more guns now, fewer people own them. When I was a kid in the 60's, every family I knew owned firearms, our firearms safety training was always in the school, and we had a gun range in the basement of the grade school. A teacher was even our gun club/shooting advisor. In the fall hunting season, many of us had our .22s or shotguns in the car to head out hunting straight from school. I used to walk 2 miles through the whole town with an uncased .22 to go to the dump to shoot rats, and the local sheriff (and Boy Scout leader) would give me a ride when he saw me. no one ever called, complained, or thought that it was unusual (as far as I know). Oh how times have changed.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RICMIC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICMIC View Post
    I believe that the expansive social media use, and 24/7 news that sensationalizes everything is a big part of the problem. I won't repeat the names, but I still know who the Columbine shooters were. Them, the recent shooter, and a new one arrested in Everett, Wash. (turned in by his grandmother before he acted), all wanted to be famous and use the previous "body count record" as a goal to shoot for. These perpetrators need to be "disappeared" upon their arrest, no names, faces, facebook posts. GITMO or a tiny cell in a reopened Alcatraz sounds right to me. Better yet, turn him over to one or several of the parents of the victims and ask no questions afterwords.
    Although there are a lot more guns now, fewer people own them. When I was a kid in the 60's, every family I knew owned firearms, our firearms safety training was always in the school, and we had a gun range in the basement of the grade school. A teacher was even our gun club/shooting advisor. In the fall hunting season, many of us had our .22s or shotguns in the car to head out hunting straight from school. I used to walk 2 miles through the whole town with an uncased .22 to go to the dump to shoot rats, and the local sheriff (and Boy Scout leader) would give me a ride when he saw me. no one ever called, complained, or thought that it was unusual (as far as I know). Oh how times have changed.

that also helps explain the increase in shootings .
    the whiny lil b#t%h boys that do these things lack the guts to take on an armed opponent.

yup ,I call em what they are . if more folks would , maybe, just maybe they would lose the urge to be famous for being a whiny lil b$t%h boy.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 02-16-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 63 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    that also helps explain the increase in shootings .
    the whiny lil b#t%h boys that do these things lack the guts to take on an armed opponent.

yup ,I call em what they are . if more folks would , maybe, just maybe they would lose the urge to be famous for being a whiny lil b$t%h boy.
    Hahaha, right on!!
    We can't say it how it is anymore or how it should be. We get in trouble for that, we need to stand up and give um a slap, whip this damned country back into shape! And oh yeah Trump is trying his damndest! To many of those b"*';h boys buckin him, pathetic people!

People that have children or are taking care of children need some of the blame, of course sometime there is nothing you can do , but it's time to start trying a little harder?
    Last edited by mnhoundman; 02-16-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DLO23f9WAAAneme.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	20921

7. The Following User Says Congratulations to kidoggy For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 268 Times in 44 Posts
    Train, and arm the adults in the schools. Teachers, aids, secretaries, janitors. Anyone who is willing to carry, give then an extra $10-$20 a day, do quarterly range times. Get around 25%+ of the staff trained, and carrying makes it pretty tough to hardly get in the door with a gun anymore.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to go_deep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    D rep swalwell FROM CALIF was on cavuto live, on fox network, this morn claiming we need to ban ARs because the bullets fly faster from them.??

seems to me ,if that is true (and it must be, because a member of congress said it was so) every teacher who wishes to have one should be so armed.

then we have the crazy, psycho , mother who lost her child . all emotion and no rational thought, crying for trump to do something , anything ! I understand she lost her child and that is a horrible thing but I must say ,I am losing my sympathy for these nutcases.

there emotional reactions ,do not contribute to the "honest " discussions we are supposed to be having.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 02-17-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    another example of the lefts "honesty in the matter.
    and by all means ,don't take the word of others ,look into it.

Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group "Everytown for Gun Safety" provided the statistic for the 18 school shootings so far in 2018. It counts everything from suicides in the school parking lot to accidental discharges on school property.
    I can understand the media en masse latching on to the misleading numbers, but I don't see how a serious gun owner could be duped unless there is no understanding how the left works.also most of those 18 were accidental discharges, stray rounds that hit the school building, the suicide on the parking lot was an abandoned school building that wasn't used, totaled 3 shootings.

yup ,more fuzzy facts or " fake news" from the left who would have us bring a pencil to a gun fight.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 02-17-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 47 Times in 17 Posts
    Gov. Bevin made these comments during a discussion. Well worth the 8 minutes to listen to it.

NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 749 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 198 Times in 66 Posts

6mm - I heard this on the radio this morning. Excellent comment. I was not impressed with the woman you asked the question, nor her body language which he calls out in his response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12