Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nuther shooting

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts

nuther shooting

to start , my prayers , sympathy and condolences , go out to all those involved and or affected.
    may GOD embrace and keep you all.

the talking heads are already calling for
    'common sense " gun laws and an honest discussion about how to solve the problem.

so ....let's be honest!
    as a society, common sense is severely lacking.
    until that changes such things will continue to occur with more and more frequency.

as a society , we have shunned GODLY values and embraced all things evil and now we get to reap what we've sown. guilty and innocent alike, though if we REALLY want to be honest, which I doubt MOST can be, there are NO innocents.

THIS , is the pure ,HONEST, truth and the very root of this problem.
    it is not the self aware evil firearms. nor is it the lack of laws , or even mental illness(though our society is,without a doubt ,mentally ill)
    it IS the lack of "common sense"!

when evil is embraced , evil will flourish! until society embraces this one , fundamental "common sense " truth ,to be true , there can be no overcoming of these problems we face.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 6 Posts
    I was listening to Rush Limbaugh today. A caller called in with an interesting idea. We need to be realistic. He maintains that there is, at some point, going to be another shooting, and that the shooter, probably, already has the weapon he will use. Realistically, we can't do anything about that. However, he pointed out, that there are no crimes committed inside police stations. We need to go on the defensive in our schools. He suggests arming a percentage of our teachers. Defend our schools. During the 60s we practiced bomb threats in our schools. Everyone was in fear of Russia being able to hit the US with a nuclear warhead. I was there and participated in them. Inform the students what possibly could happen and how to react. They will get it. We can't protect our children from the idea that at some point someone may attempt an attack on them while they are at school. What we can do, and what we are failing at, is to prepare them for this attack. I think all schools should have security personal. Banks, department stores, the Social Security Offices and a ton of others have on site security personal. Why not the schools. It's a far cry better than sticking our heads in the sand and hoping it won't happen again. It doesn't matter which side you are on, you need to come to terms with the fact that we can't get all of the guns. The bad guys are always going to get them. Lets put our efforts into something we can do. Seems to me like this country is pretty good at that, once everyone is on board with it. Another thing that was brought to light. When the numbers are calculated for gun deaths in the US, suicide numbers are added in and it is my understanding that there are more gun shot suicide deaths than assaults with guns. Let's start making sure our facts really represent what we are try to convey......
    Last edited by badgerbob; 02-15-2018 at 04:33 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to badgerbob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 396 Times in 100 Posts
    Lots of schools have security people at their schools, inner city schools have their own "police" force. I don't recall any of these school shooting happening at inner city schools....must work.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 215 Times in 48 Posts
    Very sad times we live in.

-lack of family values
    -lack of good parenting

I'll do my best to raise my kids with a strong emphasis on the above.

I cant speak for the rest of to today's society because every day I see something crazy that makes me raise my eyebrows.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mallardsx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Lots of schools have security people at their schools, inner city schools have their own "police" force. I don't recall any of these school shooting happening at inner city schools....must work.
    funny how these things are always drawn to "gun free" zones .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by badgerbob View Post
    I was listening to Rush Limbaugh today. A caller called in with an interesting idea. We need to be realistic. He maintains that there is, at some point, going to be another shooting, and that the shooter, probably, already has the weapon he will use. Realistically, we can't do anything about that. However, he pointed out, that there are no crimes committed inside police stations. We need to go on the defensive in our schools. He suggests arming a percentage of our teachers. Defend our schools. During the 60s we practiced bomb threats in our schools. Everyone was in fear of Russia being able to hit the US with a nuclear warhead. I was there and participated in them. Inform the students what possibly could happen and how to react. They will get it. We can't protect our children from the idea that at some point someone may attempt an attack on them while they are at school. What we can do, and what we are failing at, is to prepare them for this attack. I think all schools should have security personal. Banks, department stores, the Social Security Offices and a ton of others have on site security personal. Why not the schools. It's a far cry better than sticking our heads in the sand and hoping it won't happen again. It doesn't matter which side you are on, you need to come to terms with the fact that we can't get all of the guns. The bad guys are always going to get them. Lets put our efforts into something we can do. Seems to me like this country is pretty good at that, once everyone is on board with it. Another thing that was brought to light. When the numbers are calculated for gun deaths in the US, suicide numbers are added in and it is my understanding that there are more gun shot suicide deaths than assaults with guns. Let's start making sure our facts really represent what we are try to convey......
    I completely agree with security in the schools but this is hardly a new idea.

liberals will not allow it . to them the evil gun simply cannot be trusted to make the correct choice.

they would rather leave the public defensless.of coarse this only applies to others as they are ok with their own security details being armed.

I love honest discussions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 63 Times in 9 Posts
    This is very sad, the school should be a safe place for our children. And it's not anymore, i think we will need security to prevent them entering our schools.
    And like Trump says that just pizzes the libs off is mental health, this person said in a YouTube video he was going to become a famous shooter! Nothing was done!! Again overlooked!!

Was reading the news this morning, a Williston, nd. Man was involved in a multi vehicle crash in the twin cities, he was out of the car running around with a large knife, a man stopped to help and when the man attacked him he shot him. Kinda like the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun???
    The knife didn't attacked the man on it's own!
    Last edited by mnhoundman; 02-16-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 194 Times in 42 Posts
    First prayers for the deceased and their familys.

Agree with all the comments above with regards to the schools. A strong defense is an overwhelmingly strong offense.

I know this will ruffle some feathers....but....this is domestic terrorism that could have been prevented. The inter web changes everything and I believe users give away some of their privacy rights when using it. There are too many rules that the government must follow when it comes to spying on US citizens or any other people in the boundaries of US controlled territory.
    The individual that did the horrible thing had an electronic signature on the web that should have been caught (sounds like it was reported). Just like an international terrorist that gets hunted, we need to hunt the same animals with the same rules.

This IMO is not a gun ownership issue at all.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slugz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I will say, people say they will do things all the time but seldom follow through.
    a few crazies actually do, but most don't.
    unless folks are really willing to trade their liberty for safety (which sadly ,most today are) we cannot really prosecute for a crime that MIGHT be committed.
    start doing that and very few will escape the reach of "justice."

armed security in schools is the single most logical , idea I have yet to see anyone put forth but it seems that those who "CLAIM" to care about children ,will not allow it.

AIN'T HONESTY GRAND

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    First prayers for the deceased and their familys.

Agree with all the comments above with regards to the schools. A strong defense is an overwhelmingly strong offense.

I know this will ruffle some feathers....but....this is domestic terrorism that could have been prevented. The inter web changes everything and I believe users give away some of their privacy rights when using it. There are too many rules that the government must follow when it comes to spying on US citizens or any other people in the boundaries of US controlled territory.
    The individual that did the horrible thing had an electronic signature on the web that should have been caught (sounds like it was reported). Just like an international terrorist that gets hunted, we need to hunt the same animals with the same rules.

This IMO is not a gun ownership issue at all.
    NO ,YOUR RIGHT,IT IS NOT.it is a question of our societys values issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast