Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cwd

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 4 Posts

And for all of you climate experts, yup, no changes in our climate in last 100 years, not saying it's man induced, but really.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by go_deep View Post
    During the Ice Age Wisconsin was completely covered in a glacier. Pretty sure the world has been warming up ever since it melted off, and there wasn't any combustible motors at that time either to cause the climate to change.
    Dinosaur farts no doubt. Let's ask Al Gore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 16 Posts
    I think the fact that it's been known about since the 60's, and has very low contagion rates, CWD is not a huge danger to our deer herds. The proliferation of coyotes and EHD are a far greater danger.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonArrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts
    there are literally 100s even 1000s, maybe even millions???? of diseases loose in the world yet somehow we muddle on.

as for global warming,AKA "climate change"

July 4, 2017 : Coldest July Temperature Ever Recorded In The Northern Hemisphere
    https://realclimatescience.com/2017/...land-meltdown/

global warming is complete BS. climate change is real ,it happens every day and has since time began.

last week the highs were around 60 , this week highs are around 30 .neither extreme really affected me much, cept I had to put on a coat.
    OH THE HUMANITY!

in relation to both topics in this thread,THOSE WHO CRY WOLF WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE THE SKY IS FALLING,IT'S NOT!
    BUT hey , that's the go to of the left,tell a lie long enough and it magically becomes the truth.
    here are just a few of their recent lies.
    we all goana die cause the earth is gonna warm till the oceans boil. they been claiming this one for well over 100 years now.
    obama was great.
    hillery is honest.
    trump colluded but hillery did not. lmao.
    most americans want gun control.
    minorities aren't racist.
    tax cuts only benefit the rich.

is it any wonder that folks are finally beginning to doubt the left??
    Last edited by kidoggy; 02-20-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 618 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 293 Times in 39 Posts
    Since CWD is contained in the spinal track and brain, I am actually surprised that game departments haven't begun to heavily condone the use of the "gutless method", with links to how to videos on the internet. With "gutless" you automatically leave the spinal track in the field, right where the animal was taken. Then the only issue remaining that could contain CWD is the skull.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 16 Posts
    Infectious prions have been found in saliva, blood, urine, and feces, besides the spinal and brain tissue. So even transporting meat home could be helping the spread of cwd. Better to inform people of the symptoms of an infected animal, then kill and destroy it.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 17 Posts
    We have such low numbers of deer now in NE Minnesota, that I doubt that CWD will become a problem here. But, it does occur in other parts of the state, and MN has made it illegal to transport the spine or head with the brain intact into the state. Three of us got our bulls in WY last Oct. and ended up leaving them there for a European mount. Luckily, I was going back in Jan. for a snowmobile trip and was able to pick up the finished mounts at that time. MN taxidermists are upset with the rule because they can no longer legally accept a scull for a euro mount from out of state. They do get their shops checked on a regular basis, so the taxis that I know do follow the law.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    I think what is concerning is the possibility that it makes the jump into humans. Think for a minute about what that would mean for hunters. Luckily that has not been seen but i have listened to a Podcast on this recently and it is possible for the jump to occur even if it is unlikely. Imagine what anti hunters could do with that for ammunition in the fight against us.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 4 Posts
    Kidoggy, I agree with about 99 % of your last post. Climate change is real, not saying we should give up the internal combustion engine, or that it's man-made, but it has affected northern climates lately, milder falls occuring later-my anecdotal experiences. As far as CWD, if it's not a big deal , then answer this question, would you feed CWD infected venison to your grandchildren?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 245 Times in 53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kidoggy View Post
    both are nothing but a means to keep folks in a perpetual state of fear, by making a big deal of something that will never affect most.

reality is , neither are something to fear
    Ah, denial. Problem solved.

When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Cree Prophecy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast