Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Corner Hopping

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 26 Posts

Personaly i feel burden of proof is on law enforcement and any one pressing charges, as for air space argument i think that some of the drone rulings might change that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    Personaly i feel burden of proof is on law enforcement and any one pressing charges, as for air space argument i think that some of the drone rulings might change that.
    So ignore personal property rights and the law as long as you get to do what ever you want to do...

In a society we all give up some of our rights so that we can all live together, if you choose to ignore some laws out of personal convenience then what stops others from ignoring a law that protects a personal right that you agree with.

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about, if you can't see the similarity in thinking between a person that ignores the law when they want to cross a corner and what others do when they trespass in a vehicle then I understand where the 10% come from.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rammont View Post
    So ignore personal property rights and the law as long as you get to do what ever you want to do...

In a society we all give up some of our rights so that we can all live together, if you choose to ignore some laws out of personal convenience then what stops others from ignoring a law that protects a personal right that you agree with.

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about, if you can't see the similarity in thinking between a person that ignores the law when they want to cross a corner and what others do when they trespass in a vehicle then I understand where the 10% come from.
    Ok, let's just pretend we are in a state that it is neither legal or illegal to corner hop. Please explain to us how hopping a corner on foot infringes on your property rights.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 73 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missjordan View Post
    According to the state of Montana it?s trespassing. Need one of the adjacent landowners permission to corner jump.

I personally won?t do it even though there?s one section in a area that i Hunt that has a good piece of ground that corner jumps. Thing that?s really screwy is the adjacent land is part of the block management program also but I?ve called to ask if we can still hunt it and FWP said no! It?s really unfortunate that this law hasn?t been changed in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Statute name and title?

I don't believe a statute exists regarding corner crossing in Montana.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 73 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rammont View Post

How is stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land a "taking" of private property rights?

How is that ignoring the law?

More specifically, what law covers a person stepping between 2 pieces of public land?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 43 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzH View Post
    How is stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land a "taking" of private property rights?

How is that ignoring the law?

More specifically, what law covers a person stepping between 2 pieces of public land?
    Agreed. It's all about the adjacent private landowner being butthurt over you or I hunting THEIR game.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonArrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 166 Times in 21 Posts

Corner Hopping

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzH View Post
    Statute name and title?

I don't believe a statute exists regarding corner crossing in Montana.
    Heres a newspaper article from 2013 when house bill 235 was rejected to make it legal to corner jump. Montana currently has around 800,000 acres that are landlocked public lands

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...9bb2963f4.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 75 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugz View Post
    I think we are starting to talk about apples and oranges. I suspect the OP was bringing up the point of corner hopping....with a GPS that has a 9m or less CEP ( circular error of probability ), on foot and causing zero damage to ground, fence etc etc.
    I think all would agree....driving motorized vehicles on someone's property is not only wrong.....but trespassing and illegal....simple as that.

I myself have no issues with corner hopping. It's legal if you can prove where you are at.

RMEF does a great job at buying small chunks of land to open up bigger chunks that is landlocked or not accessable.
    Yeah, I agree, I think we're making this more complicated than it really is. The OP just asks about corner hopping ... not driving a vehicle across private property (clearly illegal). If you just step across a corner while using an accurate map/GPS you never touch private property at all. There can't be anything illegal about staying on public property just because you got close to private property.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    “It’s legal if you can prove where you are.”

Isn’t it legal even if you can’t prove where you are? It seems to be the landowner and/or law enforcement would have to prove that you trespassed. If there is no monument/fence corner at the corner location, then does the landowner even know where the corner is?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 195 Times in 42 Posts

Anyone know how much it costs to rent a chopper?

Yes, this is a serious question.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast