Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 369 Times in 95 Posts

Bino Harness with case or not?

If you read my other post, you know I just got my Swaro back from repair. The shoulder harness is 12 years old and the elastic is shot.I am getting a new one and there are lots of them with a case attached.

Who uses the case and do you like it? Seems like it would be a little clumsy to me. I am leaning on just a ne harness. I am looking at the Cabelas Hybrid Harness.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 210 Times in 13 Posts
    Get the encased harness. If you hunt in any type of weather its a game changer, keeps them from getting wet and dirty

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CODAK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 96 Times in 17 Posts
    I have an FHF harness and really like it. Don't think I would ever go back to the elastic ones due to the case keeping them way cleaner. It also doesn't bounce as much when you are walking so thats a big plus, but to each their own.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 96 Times in 25 Posts
    The FHF bino harness is the real deal. Having your binos protected, and NOT bouncing off your chest with every step is a glorious thing. I attached the FHF range finder case to my bino harness, so its all in one. Perfection
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 191 Times in 42 Posts
    For a number of years I just used a regular harness with the binoculars exposed to everything. I found that the bounce around a lot and really didn't feel that secure but they worked.

This last December I picked up a Badlands magnetic binocular case and harness and won't ever go back to just the harness. This case protects them from anything that you can throw at them. On my coues deer hunt I crawled and slithered through all kinds of brush and rocks and had no problems with it.

I picked it up at Camo Fire for around 1/2 the price that it is listed for. It was just on sale there yesterday for $70 but it is gone today but I am sure that it will come back around in the future. I have seen it on there a few times, you just have to check on the web site to see what they have on sale.

http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/op...binocular-case
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 85 Times in 12 Posts
    Wanted a fhf but couldn't get the size I needed before a trip I had planned. Ended up with a kuiu, been happy with it. Even added the laser holder. It's nice keeping my binos more protected from brush,rain,dust, and snow

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRUSS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 89 Times in 19 Posts
    Definitely look at the cased type. There are several out there and everyone has there favorite. I started off with a Kuiu and an AGC. Bought both new to try out. Ended up sending the Kuiu back and stuck with the AGC. Mostly because the AGC had more room in it and also I tried a crawl test with the lid open on both and the binos would fall out of the Kuiu one. I tend to like having the lid open if there's no weather so I can grab the binos quick.

I have since switched to the Marsupial which I think is the better option. More compact than the AGC but then there's less room to carry other stuff too. I LOVE the magnetic lid that folds forward on this pack! So you can have it open for a quick grab then closed when needed. That's one thing I really dislike about the FHF and why I wouldn't buy one of those. But, like I said everyone has there favorites and lots of guy's like the FHF for some reason The badlands is pretty big so I never really considered it either. You might need to try a couple out to see what works for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CoHiCntry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 191 Times in 42 Posts
    Here are a couple of pictures of the Badlands bino pack. I'm 6'4" with a big belly. It even looks bigger with the harness on. The binos in the pack are some Swaro's 10x42 EL's

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2030002.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	20844 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2030003.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	20845
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JimP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 369 Times in 95 Posts
    I spent several hours looking at all the different brands you all mentioned. I ended up ordering Marsupials, mainly because they come in several sizes. Found one that was exactly the right fit. I also looked a Camo Fire, cool site, I'll be looking at it daily.

Thanks everyone.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 89 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    I spent several hours looking at all the different brands you all mentioned. I ended up ordering Marsupials, mainly because they come in several sizes. Found one that was exactly the right fit. I also looked a Camo Fire, cool site, I'll be looking at it daily.

Thanks everyone.
    Good choice! You won't be disappointed...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast