Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 8 Posts

That means if you dont draw your first choice you will receive a point. If you choose the lesser option then you will not receive a point if you dont draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cking13 View Post
    That means if you dont draw your first choice you will receive a point. If you choose the lesser option then you will not receive a point if you dont draw.
    Hmm ok. In the past didn?t you get a point if you didn?t draw first choice without the extra $40? I was never asked that question in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 49 Times in 8 Posts
    I?m not sure bud. It asked me that question last year when I applied

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts
    You have to choose the preference point option if you want to gain a point if you don't draw your 1st choice. If you do draw your 1st choice they will refund the point fee. You can choose not to get a point and just buy one later. It's been like that as long as I've been applying (6-7 years).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alabama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    You have to choose the preference point option if you want to gain a point if you don't draw your 1st choice. If you do draw your 1st choice they will refund the point fee. You can choose not to get a point and just buy one later. It's been like that as long as I've been applying (6-7 years).
    Maybe it was like that and I just never realized it since we applied for a 100% area only first choice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 17 Posts
    A couple clarifications that may confuse the issue further. 1. You don't gain a point if you draw the first choice tag, and don't count that point as part of your draw for this year. 2. <1 means less than 1 point, but on the G&F statistics pages it isn't broken down further. So, < 1 could have been .00001, or .99999. On our group elk application for 2017, the previous stats for NR GEN elk was <2, and allowing for point creep, a 2+ average would likely be safe. I had everyone in the group buy a point the year before (even the guy with 4 pts.), to maximize the average. That put us at 2.8 for the draw, and we just shared the costs of the points after the fact. We went 4 for 6, and had a great hunt. Good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 718 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 572 Times in 77 Posts
    Aboss, keep in mind that past drawing odds only tell you what has happened in the past and in no way guarantee what this years draw will be like. I have been unsuccessful 3 times in the last 5 years on draws that looked like a guarantee. The number of points to draw a tag rarely stay the same... It is worth applying and I believe you have a good shot but I wouldn't concrete your plans until you actually draw.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop View Post
    Aboss, keep in mind that past drawing odds only tell you what has happened in the past and in no way guarantee what this years draw will be like. I have been unsuccessful 3 times in the last 5 years on draws that looked like a guarantee. The number of points to draw a tag rarely stay the same... It is worth applying and I believe you have a good shot but I wouldn't concrete your plans until you actually draw.
    Yeah that?s the mentality we have. We applied and are going to hope for the best. Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12