Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 410 Times in 105 Posts

CNN Film "Trophy"

CNN has produced a new film called "Trophy" which according to their website is about trophy hunting. It premiers on Sunday January 14th on CNN. I can imagine what the message will be....ANTI HUNTING! According to their writeup and release on the film it is about trophy hunting in Africa for "The Big 5", game farm hunting and Safari Club.

I won't be able to see it as I will be at a shoot in Az where I won't have any TV available. Just a heads up as I believe a lot of anti hunting garbage will be out there.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,273 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 781 Times in 131 Posts
    I saw this and have my DVR set to record the show.

Same as you I wonder what the message will be.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 35 Posts
    don't worry about missing it.
    I have no doubt it will be rerun over an over an over.............................................. ............... again.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 36 Times in 14 Posts
    I'm sure it is taken from the Nat Geo magazine article. It is completely bias. Lamenting that the trophy hunters leave the meat without telling the truth that the meat can not be taken home as well as it is donated to local villagers. Don't waste your time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 480/277 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 410 Times in 105 Posts
    Not watching or reading anti hunting stuff, IMHO is like going to a gun fight with an unloaded gun! I want to know whats being said out there so I can have answers when I hear that kind of crap being discussed. Being uninformed is really not the answer, have rebuttal comments and information is the way to fight it. You need to know what to defend.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Colorado Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's nothing you haven't heard before.
    Easily rebutted in a debate no matter who watches

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 5 Posts
    CNN or aka: Clinton News Network... Atrocious TV station.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alaskabound2016 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Not watching or reading anti hunting stuff, IMHO is like going to a gun fight with an unloaded gun! I want to know whats being said out there so I can have answers when I hear that kind of crap being discussed. Being uninformed is really not the answer, have rebuttal comments and information is the way to fight it. You need to know what to defend.
    To each their own but the reality is you're wasting your time and you won't change anybody's mind. Most people have already made their minds up when they get involved in a conversation and they have no intention of listening to any kind of counter-argument. They are too lazy to take the time to research opposing arguments, they have no real intellectual honesty, and their real intention is to piss people off rather than reaching a consensus. I used to debate ideas but since most arguments turn in to personal attacks rather than well reasoned discussions I prefer to spend my time doing more productive things.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 99 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rammont View Post
    To each their own but the reality is you're wasting your time and you won't change anybody's mind. Most people have already made their minds up when they get involved in a conversation and they have no intention of listening to any kind of counter-argument. They are too lazy to take the time to research opposing arguments, they have no real intellectual honesty, and their real intention is to piss people off rather than reaching a consensus. I used to debate ideas but since most arguments turn in to personal attacks rather than well reasoned discussions I prefer to spend my time doing more productive things.

poppycock ! poppycock I say.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by rammont View Post
    Spot on
    Or I mean you are an idiot.....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 480/277 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast