Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 396 Times in 100 Posts

Crll Phone Photos

I just read the sticky and unfortunately the articles are not there. I am getting out of the dark ages and getting a smart phone, my current send/receive cell is being retired. What is suggested (smart phones) for the best picture quality?
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA, NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Pistol Instructor, Rifle Instructor, RMEF, Boone & Crockett Club.
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 5 Posts
    For me personally, you can't go wrong with either of the newer phones. Iphone, Samsung, Google, etc. I was an Iphone user for years and they had pretty good cameras. I just switched to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and I really like the camera so far. Most of the newer phones will also shoot 4K video too which is pretty sweet! But again, I think you'd be happy with whatever you choose.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 214 Times in 47 Posts
    Say it isn't so, you are upgrading? This is a scary though that I'll be one of the few flip phone users out there. They might have to place a fence around me and hang a sign on my neck saying that I am endangered.

But now back to the subject. I was researching them last year and found just like anything else the more you spend the better the quality is. I was looking at a Sumsung S7 but decided that I am just a flip phone user and like packing a actual camera for the picture duty.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 142 Times in 21 Posts
    I've got a Samsung Galaxy 7 and it performs great. Daughters have iPhone 6 and 7, and they are equally as impressive. Anything newer will be even better. Hard to go wrong.

I'm a party time professional photographer, comparing my equipment vs. my phone:

Nikon D3s DSLR, 12 megapixel camera
    Samsung Galaxy S7, 12 megapixel camera + shoots 1080p HD video at 60fps

The lenses on my Nikon are much better than any phone...so there are differences. But you will likely only notice if you "pixel peep" (i.e., blow up / zoom in on the images on your computer and look super closely at them).
    Last edited by Daubs; 01-02-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 718 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 572 Times in 77 Posts
    I think guys are crazy spending what they do on phones. My whole family switched to straight talk 2 years ago and buy the "cheaper" phones they sell at WalMart. My current phone is an LG($99) my wife has a Samsung ($29.99 on Back Friday), and my oldest has an Iphone (no clue what it cost because I made him buy it lol)- all bought at WalMart. The phones/cameras all work great and the plans are half the price of most contracts. My LG has a 13mp camera. I'm attaching 2 photo2 taken with it for reference. For the three phones with unlimited data on all, we spend $165 per month.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dusty's deer 2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	20628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wyo Muley 2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	20629

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 778 Times in 131 Posts
    Any of the new phones take great photos. I use IPhone 7 Plus.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts
    still one of the endangered . flip phone for me.

always cracks me up when folks look at pics on my phone an try an blow em up the way you can with the smart phones
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 98 Times in 17 Posts

JimP, Kidoggy, and I can always talk to each other on our flip phones. I never had any incentive to "upgrade", since I didn't have a cell where I live, and just use the flipper when we travel. But, with some new towers, my neighbors with the smart phones all have a cell, but mine is iffy most of the time. I just paid another $100 for another whole year & 2,000 minutes, so I guess that nothing is going to change for a while.