Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 28 Times in 12 Posts

Codak if you think they will be 375+ by next year then I can see your reasoning. You better hope they make it until next year! Good luck man. I hope I'm burning my elk points in WY or CO, I just want a bull.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 82 Times in 19 Posts
    I have 15 Colorado deer points and will probably cash them in on an area close to home just for ease of hunting. I'm open to some northern Colorado advice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 100 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CODAK View Post
    Alabama: it's coming down to timing with other hunts, and knowing what is in the area. There are two bulls that are going to blow up next year (2019), and I want to try and go after them when they are at their prime. I know I'm crazy but crazy ppl make crazy choices, but it's worked for me in the past I think it would be pretty cool to chase after a 375 bull with years of history with, whether successful or not. Taking the guessing out of burning points sure helps, and spending countless days in the area I plan to burn em is the difference between going home empty handed, having to regain all those lost years thinking "Why didn't I put in a bit of effort?", and having the hunt you predicted you would.
    If any of them are just gonna stick around that piddly 330-350 mark, kindly forward gps coordinates. In a pm, obviously. Then I wouldnt even have to worry about deciding between two units!
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 95 Times in 17 Posts
    Hope to use my 17 WY moose pts. If not, I should get a CO elk tag with my 14 pts...but that's what I thought for the last 2 years. If those both fall through I'll give my max. WY deer pts. a try again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 14 Posts
    Wy-Tex PM me. There are a lot of bulls in CO for everyone

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts
    Trying to burn 27 WA points is just pissin into the wind...also trying to burn WY elk points. Have 6 CO points for deer and elk that I might give a go if WY doesn’t work out. It’s good to have options.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 230 Times in 46 Posts
    Yep I am going to burn my deer points (6) for a archery hunt and hunt close to home or I am going to change sides of the divide and leave most of the points on the table. For elk I hunt a 0 point unit every year so yea burning my 0 points again!

Really looking forward to the deer already made plans/goal to get out for 20 days of scouting then hunt the first 10 of archery. After not being able to put in the time last year for the archery deer hunt I did it will be fun to do this year's hunt the correct way.

My wife is starting a business venture so holding on to her points. My 74 year old father had something unexpected come up last year so had to turn in his 44 -4th tag and I think he will burn his 18 deer points somewhere and that will pry be in 44 again.

Good luck to all on the draws.
    Last edited by ColoradoV; 01-13-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 220 Times in 14 Posts
    Well after this last weekends scouting trip and more evaluation... I may be burning my elk points this year. I have watched these damn elk for years and they always are in the same areas year after year. Pretty cool and hopefully all this work pays off come fall!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CODAK View Post
    Well after this last weekends scouting trip and more evaluation... I may be burning my elk points this year. I have watched these damn elk for years and they always are in the same areas year after year. Pretty cool and hopefully all this work pays off come fall!
    Where are they? Specifically?
    j/k man...sounds awesome...now time for it to all come together...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 147 Times in 26 Posts

I'm hoping to be burning my antelope points (10) and deer (4) on a 4th season rut hunt. Last year, both of these had greater than a 70% chance to draw with these point totals.

Also, hoping to burn some points on sheep, goat and moose, which is always a crap shoot.
    "Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... It's the reckoning." Doc Holliday

11. The Following User Says Thank You to graybird For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast