Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 936 Times in 610 Posts
    Congratulations
    365
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWyo View Post
    Anyone that gets trespassed on federal land, and anyone that lets themselves be buffaloed in this day and age deserves what they get.
    I won't argue that. most injustice occurs because folks don't know the law or their rights but it doesn't change the fact that it happens.
    if the ranchers really want public support ,they should also be fighting to see it don't happen , and call out landowners that do it.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 12-30-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 160 Times in 88 Posts
    Congratulations
    138
    Congratulated 142 Times in 21 Posts
    I listened to the entire youtube interview with Hage, then read up on his case. Agree, water rights in the west are a hotly contested issue. I've only hunted here in Nebraska, but long to hunt Wyoming and other western states. You can be sure I will pay close attention to the rules and regulations in those states I hunt.

    One thing I have learned through the years...some people will do pretty shady things for money.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 936 Times in 610 Posts
    Congratulations
    365
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daubs View Post
    I listened to the entire youtube interview with Hage, then read up on his case. Agree, water rights in the west are a hotly contested issue. I've only hunted here in Nebraska, but long to hunt Wyoming and other western states. You can be sure I will pay close attention to the rules and regulations in those states I hunt.

    One thing I have learned through the years...some people will do pretty shady things for money.

    that is true.
    one thing I have learned over the years is ,ALL people will do pretty shady things for money, IF, they think they can get away with it.

    pretty bleak view , I know but I believe it!
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:


  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    2,435
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 424 Times in 313 Posts
    Congratulations
    155
    Congratulated 84 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    What are being called leases are really allotments and I believe that Mr Hauge won a court case saying that he owned the surface rites to that land. Ranchers are then permitted a certain number of cattle each year for said allotment. If you find posted land call the blm and report it I guarantee that it will get changed. As for the fallacy about the costs of the permits big difference on what and who provides what compared to a private land deal. Look into the Taylor grazing act.
    Based on recent events it?d probably be wise to start revoking leases whenever the opportunity arises.

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 230 Times in 138 Posts
    Congratulations
    73
    Congratulated 111 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Based on recent events it?d probably be wise to start revoking leases whenever the opportunity arises.

    Cant revoke they are rites under the tayor grazing act. How about we take 20% of the land in Texas and turn it into open public groung?

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, TX
    Posts
    2,435
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 424 Times in 313 Posts
    Congratulations
    155
    Congratulated 84 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    Cant revoke they are rites under the tayor grazing act. How about we take 20% of the land in Texas and turn it into open public groung?
    Can revoke grazing for drought and not renew.....I believe there have been some droughts.

    The difference is we have actual ownership deeds going back to pre-Texas/US that superseded statehood and federal demands. We get to deal with eminent domain when the govt wants something.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    710
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 230 Times in 138 Posts
    Congratulations
    73
    Congratulated 111 Times in 30 Posts
    They dont issue a grazing permit for that year, but they have to be able to defend the decision in court. Most ranchers voluntary reduce days and numbers to protect the land. They need it every year. My point was its owned by the rancher just like privately held land in Texas. I love public land and believe its there for all just sometimes get frustrated that people dont understand how it came to be or what it costs the states sue to lost property taxes. Its a give and take with the federal government doing lots of taking for years and years.

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 936 Times in 610 Posts
    Congratulations
    365
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    They dont issue a grazing permit for that year, but they have to be able to defend the decision in court. Most ranchers voluntary reduce days and numbers to protect the land. They need it every year. My point was its owned by the rancher just like privately held land in Texas. I love public land and believe its there for all just sometimes get frustrated that people dont understand how it came to be or what it costs the states sue to lost property taxes. Its a give and take with the federal government doing lots of taking for years and years.

    every time we have a fire, flood, hurricane ,tornado, earthquake ,volcano...... the states get it back. where do you think that money comes from?income tax.?lol

    suppose we turn the land over to the states , are folks prepared to, stop begging for federal help in a disaster?

    I am all for that, but I bet not a single one of the beggars would be.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

    Federal grazing use, under a permit or lease, are a privilege, not a right. They are subject to terms and conditions and can be rescinded, suspended, or retired (subject to protest and appeal, same as any other federal land use decision.) Annual use authorizations under the term permit or lease can also be adjusted or put into non-use. Federal grazing privileges are not "owned" by the permittee.

    Also, local governments are granted Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) from the federal government in order to compensate for lost tax revenue from tax exempt lands.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •