Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWyo View Post
    Anyone that gets trespassed on federal land, and anyone that lets themselves be buffaloed in this day and age deserves what they get.
    I won't argue that. most injustice occurs because folks don't know the law or their rights but it doesn't change the fact that it happens.
    if the ranchers really want public support ,they should also be fighting to see it don't happen , and call out landowners that do it.
    Last edited by kidoggy; 12-30-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 142 Times in 21 Posts
    I listened to the entire youtube interview with Hage, then read up on his case. Agree, water rights in the west are a hotly contested issue. I've only hunted here in Nebraska, but long to hunt Wyoming and other western states. You can be sure I will pay close attention to the rules and regulations in those states I hunt.

One thing I have learned through the years...some people will do pretty shady things for money.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Daubs View Post
    I listened to the entire youtube interview with Hage, then read up on his case. Agree, water rights in the west are a hotly contested issue. I've only hunted here in Nebraska, but long to hunt Wyoming and other western states. You can be sure I will pay close attention to the rules and regulations in those states I hunt.

One thing I have learned through the years...some people will do pretty shady things for money.

that is true.
    one thing I have learned over the years is ,ALL people will do pretty shady things for money, IF, they think they can get away with it.

pretty bleak view , I know but I believe it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kidoggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 84 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    What are being called leases are really allotments and I believe that Mr Hauge won a court case saying that he owned the surface rites to that land. Ranchers are then permitted a certain number of cattle each year for said allotment. If you find posted land call the blm and report it I guarantee that it will get changed. As for the fallacy about the costs of the permits big difference on what and who provides what compared to a private land deal. Look into the Taylor grazing act.
    Based on recent events it?d probably be wise to start revoking leases whenever the opportunity arises.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packmule View Post
    Based on recent events it?d probably be wise to start revoking leases whenever the opportunity arises.

Cant revoke they are rites under the tayor grazing act. How about we take 20% of the land in Texas and turn it into open public groung?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 84 Times in 13 Posts
    Cant revoke they are rites under the tayor grazing act. How about we take 20% of the land in Texas and turn it into open public groung?
    Can revoke grazing for drought and not renew.....I believe there have been some droughts.

The difference is we have actual ownership deeds going back to pre-Texas/US that superseded statehood and federal demands. We get to deal with eminent domain when the govt wants something.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 111 Times in 30 Posts
    They dont issue a grazing permit for that year, but they have to be able to defend the decision in court. Most ranchers voluntary reduce days and numbers to protect the land. They need it every year. My point was its owned by the rancher just like privately held land in Texas. I love public land and believe its there for all just sometimes get frustrated that people dont understand how it came to be or what it costs the states sue to lost property taxes. Its a give and take with the federal government doing lots of taking for years and years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They dont issue a grazing permit for that year, but they have to be able to defend the decision in court. Most ranchers voluntary reduce days and numbers to protect the land. They need it every year. My point was its owned by the rancher just like privately held land in Texas. I love public land and believe its there for all just sometimes get frustrated that people dont understand how it came to be or what it costs the states sue to lost property taxes. Its a give and take with the federal government doing lots of taking for years and years.

every time we have a fire, flood, hurricane ,tornado, earthquake ,volcano...... the states get it back. where do you think that money comes from?income tax.?lol

suppose we turn the land over to the states , are folks prepared to, stop begging for federal help in a disaster?

I am all for that, but I bet not a single one of the beggars would be.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Federal grazing use, under a permit or lease, are a privilege, not a right. They are subject to terms and conditions and can be rescinded, suspended, or retired (subject to protest and appeal, same as any other federal land use decision.) Annual use authorizations under the term permit or lease can also be adjusted or put into non-use. Federal grazing privileges are not "owned" by the permittee.

Also, local governments are granted Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) from the federal government in order to compensate for lost tax revenue from tax exempt lands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12