Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok. Thanks again Kidoggy.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts
    Well sir. I think you can get more help if you narrow it down a little re: 2 trips, archery/rifle, zone(s), deer, elk, both, etc.
    I will tell you one thing...I learned a ton about idaho this year. We went on a big mule deer hunt and we had A BUNCH of leftover tags when the smoke cleared. We started looking at opportunities just to fill our tags...Holy smokes!!! I think for one it would be fun to plan a hunt, then plan a backup hunt for a second go at em, a second ID adventure, you could hunt both species on said second hunt/trip or just one. Like I said...it depends on the unit. For example many of the A (archery) bull tags will have a late cow muzzy season or something like that. Also if you hunt deer you can find hunts from 1 Sept to January. I know it's overwhelming, you just gotta narrow it down a little.
    PS: We come from a very high pressure area in WA and in many places in ID we be like...you call this crowded?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Joe. I am still looking into what I want to do. Being from CA, I usually scout preseason, bow hunt which ends up usually being more scouting, then rifle hunt. I am just not used to having this many options. Let alone the over the counter tags. It is also tough having to choose between bow and rifle. I could even go muzzle loader. There is just crazy options. One thing that I do jave going for me is that I dont care what size the antlers are. I just really want the meat, and a first elk kill. I have heard friends talk about being really close to bulls during archery, and not getting a shot. I also can probably go up 2-3 times. So without knowing what an area looks like during the season, it makes scouting that much more difficult. I know that while hunting here in CA, I have scouted and found great spots. Then come the season and the place is crawling with hunters and the game is gone. I have alot to look into.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12