View Poll Results: Are you buying a new bow this year?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 17.86%
  • No

23 82.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 229 Times in 46 Posts

I shoot a bowtech insanity CPXL from about 12/13 I guess. Shoots great for me and was basically the only choice the local bow shop had for me with 31 1/2" draw.

Got my daughter a diamond atomic set up at the same shop and shot the new version - set up it was over $1600.. That is as much as a used set of swaro 15x56's so it went gently back on the shelf lol.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly View Post
    I've been shooting a Bowtech Insanity for the last 5 years. Every year I seem to go to the bow shop to shoot the new models, but I'm so comfortable with the Insanity's draw cycle I can't find something that I like more.
    The Insanity was my favorite Bowtech as well so I don't blame you one bit!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Still shooting my 2010 Hoyt Alpha Burner.. Cant see bye in a new bow any time soon

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I recently bought a new bow this year (2017) - Barnett Hunter! LOL!

It is my 4th bow since that first Bear compound in 1978. Bear, Jennings, Parker, and now a Barnett.

Got the Barnett from Walmart for $60, put a fiber opt sight and another $100 into it (Whisker Biscuit, peep, and a new target). It blows thru the new target (Black Hole). 400 gr arrow & point.

Before anyone gets testy - I get a whole 4-day hunt every other year or so. Every now and again I can draw a 1-week hunt! We don't have wide open hunting land in FL and need to either find a nice landowner, lease, or do the short useless WMA hunts.

The Barnett is fine for what I'm doing with it. Quieter and seems faster than the other 3 bows too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 153 Times in 20 Posts
    We recently had a big buck contest that I am one of the scorers at. If would have bought an archery ticket, I would have won a new bow for my buck this year by 40"s. All the while scoring the other scorers were killing me for my stupid mistake. Not sure what bow was given, didn't want to know!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 4 Posts
    The only bow that has me intrigued is the new Triax from Mathews. Although my current setup is dialed in so I don't feel there's a need for a new one yet.

Was shooting an MQ32 until 2010, then upgraded to a Z7. In 2015 I bought a Hoyt Nitrum Turbo as I wanted to boost my arrow weight.

When I try to justify a new bow to my wife she asks if it's going to shoot a bigger bull than what I currently have.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 142 Times in 21 Posts
    Picked up a Hoyt Powermax package this week. This is my second bow ever...

First was a PSE purchased used from Cabela's bargan cave in the late 90's. I shot it a handful of times, never hunted with it. I will probably turn that in to a bow-fishing rig.

Stoked to get a new Hoyt. Can't wait to get out and shoot.

8. The Following User Says Congratulations to Daubs For This Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 7 Posts
    I shoot a Bowtech that's about 7yrs old now. It's a great bow for what I need but I'd really like to upgrade. Being a lefty makes things a little more difficult to test out bows at local shops. My local shop has had a lefty Carbon Knight hanging on the wall for a couple years now but he won't budge on the price. I know the wife wouldn't be happy if I dropped $1000 on a bow right now so I guess I'm sticking with what I have for awhile yet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DU4LIFE25 View Post
    I shoot a Bowtech that's about 7yrs old now. It's a great bow for what I need but I'd really like to upgrade. Being a lefty makes things a little more difficult to test out bows at local shops. My local shop has had a lefty Carbon Knight hanging on the wall for a couple years now but he won't budge on the price. I know the wife wouldn't be happy if I dropped $1000 on a bow right now so I guess I'm sticking with what I have for awhile yet.
    Yikes good call, I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a new Carbon Knight!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123