Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 229 Times in 46 Posts

CPW shed season/closure changes

Is at the attached link or look at the red lines for the changes. This is just a proposed change but likely to happen.

Basically says closure of everywhere west of I-25 til May 1 and a $40 license will be required to pick em up...

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Com...017-PWCMtg.pdf

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 214 Times in 47 Posts
    That new fee if it passes is going to tick off some people.

The way that I read it is that if you are just out hunting or walking and find a shed then you can't pick it up unless you have the permit.
    If you don't care where you are, you are not lost....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post

The way that I read it is that if you are just out hunting or walking and find a shed then you can't pick it up unless you have the permit.
    Jim,they'll probably sell a "shed viewing" license. Anything for a Dollar is how these State legislators operate.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 93 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post

it would tick me off but ,I guess what happens in colo stays in colo.

I thank GOD, I live in idaho and not a liberal leaning state.
    AS GOES THE CHURCH, SO GOES THE NATION

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there a license for picking mushrooms or berries? Why do we have to foot the budget bill?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by billdoe708 View Post
    Is there a license for picking mushrooms or berries? Why do we have to foot the budget bill?
    Don't give them any ideas.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 229 Times in 46 Posts
    I will be the first to admit and know first hand how much the cpw could go on a nice big diet.. With that said I think it is a good and needed rule change - unfortunately it has come to this point.

Does the rule overall (for lack of a better word) suck? Yea it does. Is is needed? Yea it is needed.. Will I pony up the $40 - yea I will...

Some guys have not been on the winter range in the spring here in Co and seen what a bad scene the shed season has become.. Many UT, Az, Mt, UT, NM, UT, Wyo, UT, Ca, UT, NV, UT, and COLORADO plates - did I mention UT out there banging around real real early..
    While it used to be innocent in the past - those days left some time bout the same time the "good old days" and we are not gettin either back. Or IMO shed hunting has turned into big business and needs to be addressed the CPW did a good job of addressing these problems in this rule change.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 778 Times in 131 Posts
    It might tick folks off but they will pay anyway. She's hunting is a business for a lot of people so what's $40 to make much more then that.
    I go to the Mountains to loose my mind and find my soul.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was really just talking bout the average hunter that does not go after sheds but will find one occasionally and pick it up to bring home. I'm one of those guys. If I see one I'll pick it up if I don't I won't go out of my way to try and find one.

I watch the vultures around the area that I hunt. As soon as the snow melts to the point that they can get their chained up 4x4's into the area that are up there tearing up the roads. Now with the closure time frame it might get interesting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 87 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoV View Post
    I will be the first to admit and know first hand how much the cpw could go on a nice big diet.. With that said I think it is a good and needed rule change - unfortunately it has come to this point.

Does the rule overall (for lack of a better word) suck? Yea it does. Is is needed? Yea it is needed.. Will I pony up the $40 - yea I will...

Some guys have not been on the winter range in the spring here in Co and seen what a bad scene the shed season has become.. Many UT, Az, Mt, UT, NM, UT, Wyo, UT, Ca, UT, NV, UT, and COLORADO plates - did I mention UT out there banging around real real early..
    While it used to be innocent in the past - those days left some time bout the same time the "good old days" and we are not gettin either back. Or IMO shed hunting has turned into big business and needs to be addressed the CPW did a good job of addressing these problems in this rule change.

Couldn’t agree more ,it’s out of control something needed to be done! Used to bump into guys two or three times a season now it’s two or three guys a day at least. As far as the 40 $ one small 4 pt Elkorn and you’ve paid for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast